Process now ...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Leahdon

Process now ...

Post by Leahdon »

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum but have had a look through the Gloucestershire threads to find the answer to this question but failed.

So, the DC have done their tests, CAFs have to be in by the 31st, and we get their rankings per school I think towards the end of November. A couple of questions - is it a single email with all rankings, or one per school? And then what happens? I read on a thread from last yea about Allocation Day in March - is that the main day for all schools or is it just for the grammars? (I thought last year the national day was in April so a bit confused). Thank you
Glos18

Re: Process now ...

Post by Glos18 »

You receive emails from each of the schools you have shared with. Usually they have arrived within a couple of hours of each other, but it might be different this year. The letter will say some thing along the lines of:
800 people shared with the school
Your child ranked 356
In past years ranking went down to the following on allocation day:
2019: 399
2018: 317
2017: 332

Allocation day has always been at the start of March, you might be thinking of primary school allocation in April.
Leahdon

Post by Leahdon »

Thank you Glos18! Yes you are probably right about my mix up around dates.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

1st March is national allocation day for secondary school allocations for the whole country.

You will be allocated the highest ranked school on your form that offers you a place so make sure you put the one you really want first.

The council will turn down all the ones ranked below the one you are allocated and you will be able to stay on the waiting lists for the ones you ranked higher. DG
Leahdon

Post by Leahdon »

Thanks. I saw a ref to some schools returning a Not Qualified result, but I can't remember if that was in a Gloucestershire forum or one of the general forums. Do the Gloucestershire schools do that and if so, how low is a Not Qualified score?
starcrazy

Post by starcrazy »

It varies by school - they are all given the raw scores by CEM then they apply their own criteria / algorithm to those to give enough children a ranking so as to have a big enough pool of applicants based on data relating to number of applications in previous years.
When you get the email from each school it will say qualified with a rank of xyz, or not qualified. We don’t have a universal cut off for qualified or not qualified and never get to know raw scores, because it varies by cohort.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now