Secondary school application process-guidance requested

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
payel123

Secondary school application process-guidance requested

Post by payel123 »

Hi

As per the letter from the TC we have the option of choosing 5 grammars and 3 comps.While applying through TC website,it prompted me with 5 options post which I am being asked whether I am sure about my choices.Can anybody guide me whether the other 3 options are prompted later on ?I have saved my progress cos I was a bit unsure.

Thanks in advance
hermanmunster

Re: Secondary school application process-guidance requested

Post by hermanmunster »

This means that parents may have to submit their application before the result of any test is known. Therefore, the DfE has asked local authorities to give parents the option to submit additional preferences and to advise parents to use those preferences to apply for non-selective schools. Trafford’s Application Portal allows parents to submit up to five preferences. Although the system cannot be adjusted, this year Trafford will allow three additional preferences to be submitted. This will allow parents to apply for up to five relevant grammar schools. and then to submit three additional preferences which should include your catchment area non-selective schools. For example:
Curious - they can't change the software but there must be a way to submit the other 3 - best phone them I think
ellynoonoo

Post by ellynoonoo »

I think you reply, with your next 3 choices, to the email you receive back to say your form has been accepted . This is what I have done. You then receive another email back
choceyes

Post by choceyes »

Yes you have to reply to the confirmation email with your additional 3 choices.

ellynoonoo - how long did it take for them to email you back when you emailed them with the additional choices? I sent an email yesterday morning but haven't got anything back yet.
ellynoonoo

Post by ellynoonoo »

I got an automatic reply straight away after the additional schools added. It was not the same email I received after filling in the first 5 schools. I did fill the form In on a weekend so that may be why I got automated response?
choceyes

Post by choceyes »

Thanks.

I ended up emailing them again last night asking them to confirm that they got the 3 additional preferences and they emailed me back straightaway. It must be a nightmare trying to sort out the admissions process this year. They must be having to manually input all the additional preferences.