Tiffin Boys stage 2

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Wimbles

Tiffin Boys stage 2

Post by Wimbles »

Looking for advice on stage 2 for boys please.

Specifically, percentage break down for stage 1 and stage 2 in terms of final score.

Any advice on format and prep also appreciated.
Thanks
scary mum

Re: Tiffin Boys stage 2

Post by scary mum »

Wimbles wrote:Looking for advice on stage 2 for boys please.

Specifically, percentage break down for stage 1 and stage 2 in terms of final score.

Thanks
I'm not from your area, but some of the information on this page may help you.
scary mum
BabaPabz

Post by BabaPabz »

I may be wrong but, I think Wimble is looking for the weighting of each round in the final the score...
Last year it was 10%/40% first/second round on each subject....making a total 100%. the final number is rounded to a whole number (unlike for Tiffins Girls)
Of course could be different this year.....i guess they will specify in the invitation. see discussing from last year https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 30&t=59270" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
spoon123

Post by spoon123 »

They have on their website :

http://www.tiffinschool.co.uk/_docs/admissions/Year%207%20Admission%20FAQs%202021.pdf

The Combined Score, will comprise 10% each of English and Maths from Stage One, 40% each of
English and Maths from Stage Two.
above for each so Math and English = 100%

However I am not clear on format..it will be standard format (i.e. not multiple choice). However will there be comprehension or any sample paper for second round ?

Thanks
Maximillian

Post by Maximillian »

Wimbles wrote:Looking for advice on stage 2 for boys please.

Thanks
As far as I'm aware the English paper is standard form comprehension and short writing piece. The maths will be similar to Habs boys, Manchester Grammar and others.

Hope there is someone else on here to help with this?
ksrkuk

Post by ksrkuk »

Extracted from Stage Two Test invitation email
Boys will be ranked on their combined score, which will consist of 10% of each of the Stage One Tests, 40% English Stage Two and 40% Maths Stage Two. You will only be informed by email on 3 March 2021 of your son’s final combined score if you have not been offered a place at Tiffin School; this is the first working day after you are informed by your Local Authority, which school your son has been offered.
Wimbles

Post by Wimbles »

Thank you all - very helpful, and my mistake for not reading the email properly! :|
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now