Best wishes SET 2020 pls do not reveal after test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

spoon123

Best wishes SET 2020 pls do not reveal after test

Post by spoon123 »

All the very best to all kids for day after tomorrow SET test. One humble request please do not reveal any specific test information as some sitting later on the day and not too sure if its been spread out over days. In benefit of all and to keep it fair requesting/informing in advance.
Moderators

Re: Best wishes SET 2020 pls do not reveal after test

Post by Moderators »

faq17. Can I post information about 11+ test content (e.g. questions my child can recall), or request such information?

Remember that there may well be sessions for late sitters [and special arrangements for children moving into the area after all the scheduled sittings].
As a responsible forum we will not allow anything to be posted that might prejudice the integrity of the test.

No one should be revealing any aspect of test content unless a moderator has agreed.
[It is for moderators to decide if and when it is safe to post, based on a knowledge of local circumstances where possible, or on reliable evidence provided by members.]
Evidence that it is safe to post should be clear and beyond doubt (e.g. in writing from an authoritative source).

Copyright must be respected.

This FAQ forms part of the 'Rules & Guidance'.
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... =9&t=29397" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Moon unit

Post by Moon unit »

Good luck tomorrow.
Please note there is absolutely nowhere to park near any of the Sutton Grammars.
Roads have been gridlocked in the past and residents drives blocked.
The forecast is good.
All are within a mile of a train station.
Buses not reliable due to COVID restrictions on numbers.
If you have to drive maybe park a mile away and walk.
Good for calming nerves.
confusedsw

Post by confusedsw »

Hows the SET exam in general.My dd was saying it was easier which makes me worry as she makes a lot of silly mistakes when the questions are easier.I guess general consensus is the papers are easier this year.When do we get to know stage 1 results?
Allegras

Post by Allegras »

Yes, my DD said compared to SGS mocks, the exam was a breeze. She especially thought the comprehension and cloze questions were the easiest she has come across so far. According to her, Maths was again relatively easy to the SGS mocks. It seems most of the students managed to finish English section on time and had spare time to revise their answers. Some people finished maths on time, some a few minutes earlier, but overall, I think it was easier than previous years.

The results will be announced within a week, said a teacher from one of the Grammar schools.

Good luck to everyone!
Golden75

Post by Golden75 »

My dd said the same, she thought both papers were easier than she expected. Maybe they made the tests a bit less challenging this year due to covid, as kids have missed nearly 6 months of school.

Easier papers mean more kids getting top marks and there will be less of a spread of scores, so just 1 or 2 silly mistakes can become very costly. My dd can get false confidence when sitting easier papers, we saw this when doing test papers at home. It was often the easier papers where she made silly mistakes. But we'll see...

Just feeling relieved that the SET is done now, it has felt like a long wait!
Oneoftwothings

Post by Oneoftwothings »

The feedback last year was the same - SET much easier than expected and loads of spare time for English. I think it’s because the Sutton Grammars are trying to be true to their word - that it’s based on ks2 curriculum - but children are dealing with harder questions in their prep. Of course, the same number will go through to the next round after standardisation. Second round Maths is likely to be harder and English is completely different as it tests through writing.
Good luck to all. My son went through it last year and my daughter will do it next year. It’s a draining process!
confusedsw

Post by confusedsw »

How many kids will go to second stage anyone know?Thanks.
Oneoftwothings

Post by Oneoftwothings »

Last year around 1070 girls were invited to the second round, from 2630 who sat the SET. Standardised pass mark was 209. This year, just over 2700 girls registered for the SET, so I imagine it will be similar.

For boys, over 3000 took the test in 2019. Around 1000 were invited to second round for both schools - fewer for Wilson’s than SGS. Pass mark to be eligible to put Wallington Boys on the application form was 218.5. I think it was marginally higher for the second round for the other two schools, as I believe a few were able to put Wally boys down but not invited to second round, but that info is anecdotal rather than from data.

Note, you are only told your SET mark if you don’t pass for Greenshaw, which was 199.5 last year, so you are very much left guessing how well they did! Girls will find out their overall score from both exams after the second round; boys never find out.

Apologies for the information dump! I found the site very useful when my son did the SET, so I thought some updated info might be interesting to some!
confusedsw

Post by confusedsw »

Thanks a lot Oneoftwothings.Really appreciate it.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now