11+ books

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

BerksParent

11+ books

Post by BerksParent »

Hi,

My child will be taking the 11+ exam next year. If anyone whose child has taken the exam this week and don't need their books any more, please let me know and i will collect them.

I am particularly looking for First past the post, CGP and Letts books

Many thanks in advance.
Weakandwobbly

Re: 11+ books

Post by Weakandwobbly »

Hello, this is you begging for books again this year. What are you doing with all these books?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

BerksParent wrote:Hi,

My child will be taking the 11+ exam next year. If anyone whose child has taken the exam this week and don't need their books any more, please let me know and i will collect them.

I am particularly looking for First past the post, CGP and Letts books

Many thanks in advance.
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 03#p722403

Couldn't you just rub out the answers in the ones you got last year for the DC who is sitting the 11+ just now?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Aethel

Post by Aethel »

Do I spy an ebayer looking for some stock?
To be fair, Maybe the OP actually has twin 10 year olds and they are fighting over who gets to use the books from last year...
Wait until 2022 when they suddenly develop a case of triplets....
BerksParent

Post by BerksParent »

hey guys,

my elder daughter did the exam and i honestly gave the used books I received to other families. One of the family is on really low income and the only books they had is the ones i gave them. I really dont like advertising anything good i do but sharing only this to clear any doubts.

My younger daughter is in year 4 and will be taking in 2022 for whom i asked as you could imagine the condition of books after used by 3 children of different families. Hence i asked. I do plan to repeat the same action as in give the books around to other families in 2022.

Hope this clarifies some concerns raised.

Stay blessed and best wishes to all.
Weakandwobbly

Post by Weakandwobbly »

Aethel wrote:Do I spy an ebayer looking for some stock?
To be fair, Maybe the OP actually has twin 10 year olds and they are fighting over who gets to use the books from last year...
Wait until 2022 when they suddenly develop a case of triplets....
haha!
Aethel

Post by Aethel »

Fair enough Berksparent, it seemed a bit strange to post an identical request a year apart...why would you give all your books away if you are still planning to use them for your second DC?

Anyway, low budget options: it costs £6.50 for a new CGP CEM practice book on Amazon.
Can you manage one of those per month?

Another option is to seek out free practice papers like this: edited by moderator

and here... https://www.cgpbooks.co.uk/resources/fr ... nute-tests" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

All you need is a printer and I hope this is helpful.
tonyheung

Post by tonyheung »

From your last 28 posts (search results below), all your questions were books related. You had asked (i) seeking free used books, (ii) the reasoning/explanation behind some questions from the book, (iii) list of vocabularies. This sounds like to me more like an amateur tutor running a small business and use this forum as the back office support. Standard users like real parents would have asked more different type of questions such as school admission questions, catchment question, scoring questions, etc. Just my two cents. I don't mind someone asking for used books with disclaimer that you use it for tutoring business purpose but be honest.

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... mit=Search
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Charity shops will be open again in a couple of weeks; in an 11+ area, they might be worth a trawl?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
BerksParent

Post by BerksParent »

Thank you Aethel and ToadMum for your suggestions. I will definitely do that.

Tonyheung: I wish you had read the posts before blaming me for not being real parent. Please have another look. You will see a number of posts about Non verbal reasoning where i asked different forum members to help and they very kindly helped. There is a post about vocabulary list and again someone pointed us to Patrica's list which we found very useful. Please have another look and hope that will clear any doubts you have.

With this I am planning to close this thread now.

Wishing you all the best.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now