Go to navigation
It is currently Thu May 06, 2021 4:06 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Newstead wood
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:01 pm 

The numbers who sat the test used to be given on the admissions documentation but it hasn't been in recent years, in recent years they have also added a second day to allow for more to sit. Taken from the admissions document from a few years ago:
Quote:
There were 1070 applications in 2017 and 996 sat the test.

I would recommend avoiding sharing very high scores that might be your own, if you are above 220 you are fairly safe and it will only be unhelpful to others who haven't done so well to post high scores.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:03 pm 

Fmmg wrote:
Yes, I agree. But I understand that this year due to financial uncertainties etc etc many who would previously have chosen private over a grammar will not do so. So more pressure than ever on grammar spaces.

But then I know others who are not considering grammar as the independents have been reportedly so much better at coping with the pandemic and online learning so I think it is cutting both ways. For what it is worth Newstead have done a pretty good job during the pandemic with online and remote learning.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:07 pm 

PettswoodFiona wrote:
Fmmg wrote:
Yes, I agree. But I understand that this year due to financial uncertainties etc etc many who would previously have chosen private over a grammar will not do so. So more pressure than ever on grammar spaces.

But then I know others who are not considering grammar as the independents have been reputedly so much better at coping with the pandemic and online learning so I think it is cutting both ways.

This year is unprecedented in all aspects. The admission criteria is created to be fair to most but unfortunately always the one who are in the middle suffers mostly. Because they won’t fit in any box.
We have the results now, and we have just to wait till 1st of March

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:28 pm 

PettswoodFiona wrote:
Jasmine76 wrote:
Hi
My daughter just got her results -227. Is this a definite to get a place, do you think? She is not pupil premium. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

That is a great score, it would be unprecedented for her not to get a place on offer day based on the scores for the past five years and if Newstead Wood was on your CAF as first choice.

Thank you! I hope so...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:13 am 

Jasmine76 wrote:
Hi
My daughter just got her results -227. Is this a definite to get a place, do you think? She is not pupil premium. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

The chances are, she will get in by at least 7 marks difference from the cut-off mark.