Nonsuch & Wallington Second Stage Entrance Test NWSSEE

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Anne_810

Nonsuch & Wallington Second Stage Entrance Test NWSSEE

Post by Anne_810 »

Hi All,

For Nonsuch and Wallington Second Stage Entrance Examination for girls (NWSSEE):

Do they need to write the Creative writing piece in Pen, Erasable pen or in Pencil?

Thank you and appreciate your feedback please.
Anne
Golden75

Re: Nonsuch & Wallington Second Stage Entrance Test NWSSEE

Post by Golden75 »

If I remember correctly when my older DD's sat the test they were told to bring a pen for the english writing task.
We should receive further information regarding the 2nd stage test soon.
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

Unless the email inviting you to attend says differently, I would send the child in with a couple of pens, a couple of sharpened pencils, a sharpener, a rubber and a small ruler. Then I would drill into the child the importance of reading and following the instructions on the day.

(Bear in mind that instrutions can change from one year to the next, so even if the child's older sibling or cousin did it a particular way, it doesn't mean it will be the same forever. Listening to and following instructions is a key part of exam technique.)
Golden75

Post by Golden75 »

Sound advice streathammum!
gv0019

Post by gv0019 »

For Sutton Stage 2 ( NonSuch and Wallington), the test will comprise of subjective Maths and Creative Writing only ? There is no English comprehension test ?
rocky

Post by rocky »

gv0019 wrote:For Sutton Stage 2 ( NonSuch and Wallington), the test will comprise of subjective Maths and Creative Writing only ? There is no English comprehension test ?
In the last few years, there has not been a formal comprehension for the 2nd round English test - it has just been creative writing.