Newstead November 2020 Results - can we hope?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Hopeful3

Newstead November 2020 Results - can we hope?

Post by Hopeful3 »

Hi all, I am new here. Wondered if members would mind sharing the spread of results they know of/ have heard of so far this year for the Newstead exams, total score and non-verbal if possible. Is this is a particularly high scoring year? Desperately trying to figure out if a 219 score would be enough this year for our daughter. She loved the school so much on the open day. I understand it is below the usual cut off scores and nothing is guaranteed. Thank you for your help!
scary mum

Re: Newstead November 2020 Results - can we hope?

Post by scary mum »

Welcome to the forum!
The spread of scores will be the same as every year as the raw scores are plotted onto a standard curve to get the standardised score. I don't know about the cutoff (not my area) - will it depend on how many apply? Someone local should be able to help there.
scary mum
Hopeful3

Post by Hopeful3 »

scary mum wrote:Welcome to the forum!
The spread of scores will be the same as every year as the raw scores are plotted onto a standard curve to get the standardised score. I don't know about the cutoff (not my area) - will it depend on how many apply? Someone local should be able to help there.

Thanks for explaining that. I had no idea.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Hopeful3 wrote:
scary mum wrote:Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for explaining that. I had no idea.
There is an explanation of standardisation here.
scary mum
Hopeful3

Post by Hopeful3 »

Thank you!
PencilandPen

Post by PencilandPen »

Unfortunately my DD was quite a bit under but on the letter we received from Newstead Wood there was a non-committed range of 215-218 given, obviously dependent on movement post offer
Hopeful3

Post by Hopeful3 »

Hopeful3 wrote:Hi all, I am new here. Wondered if members would mind sharing the spread of results they know of/ have heard of so far this year for the Newstead exams, total score and non-verbal if possible. Is this is a particularly high scoring year? Desperately trying to figure out if a 219 score would be enough this year for our daughter. She loved the school so much on the open day. I understand it is below the usual cut off scores and nothing is guaranteed. Thank you for your help!
Would love to hear from anyone local or happy to share known scores so far. Thank you.
Hopeful3

Post by Hopeful3 »

PencilandPen wrote:Unfortunately my DD was quite a bit under but on the letter we received from Newstead Wood there was a non-committed range of 215-218 given, obviously dependent on movement post offer
I am sorry I missed your message. Thanks so much for sharing. Sad to read this and hope your DD will end up at a great school she loves. So much uncertainty!
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

You may find this recent thread with past scores helpful https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 51&t=61336" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You will see that 219 would have got a place in recent years, just maybe not on offer day.
Hopeful3

Post by Hopeful3 »

PettswoodFiona wrote:You may find this recent thread with past scores helpful https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 51&t=61336" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You will see that 219 would have got a place in recent years, just maybe not on offer day.
Thank you very much @PettswoodFiona! I will go through this. Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.