Heckmondwike results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Thewaitinggame

Heckmondwike results

Post by Thewaitinggame »

Can anyone access the Heckmondwike results today? The email said they would be available now but the portal doesn’t let me in. It recognises my name so my credentials are correct.

Thanks
mitasol

Re: Heckmondwike results

Post by mitasol »

Good luck to you and anyone waiting for results.
Thewaitinggame

Post by Thewaitinggame »

Thank you, Mitasol. I can access the results now.
mum-of-two

Post by mum-of-two »

We got the results too. My DD reached the required standard so now I have to wait til Monday to find out if she is likely to get in. Does anyone know how many reach required standard (is it like Halifax exams with a set number 'passing' or is it based on score)?

So the uncertainty continues for a few more days.

I hope you got a positive result TheWaitingGame
mum-of-two
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

According to the admissions criteria on the school website, admission is as follows:
If there are more students meeting the required standard than places available, the following
admission criteria will be applied in order of priority:
1) Children of selective ability who are in public care or have previously been in public
care. (Children previously in public care are children who were in public care and ceased
to be so because they were adopted or became subject to a residence order or special
guardianship order)
2) Children of selective ability who are eligible for the Pupil Premium
3) Children of selective ability who reside in the catchment area
(a map of the catchment area is available on the school’s website). The place of residence is the child’s
permanent address on the date of sitting the entrance exam.
4) Children of selective ability who already have siblings in the school, where those
siblings will remain on roll when the child is admitted.
5) Children of selective ability who have a parent who is employed by the school and has
been so for two or more years at the time of sitting the entrance examination, or who
has been recruited to a post where there is a recognised skill shortage.
6) Children who have gained grade 2 or above in Music. The percentage of children
offered a place under this criterion shall not exceed 5% of the total number of offers
made. If more candidates meet the criterion for Music, places will be offered to those
children scoring highest on the entrance examination.

Once criteria 1 to 6 have been applied, the remaining places will be offered on the basis of
overall performance in the entrance examination. The criteria will be used to create a ranked
list of selected students which will be forwarded to the Local Authority.
scary mum
Thewaitinggame

Post by Thewaitinggame »

mum-of-two wrote:We got the results too. My DD reached the required standard so now I have to wait til Monday to find out if she is likely to get in. Does anyone know how many reach required standard (is it like Halifax exams with a set number 'passing' or is it based on score)?

So the uncertainty continues for a few more days.

I hope you got a positive result TheWaitingGame
Thanks, Mum of Two. I thought in years gone by the process was to call the school but in today’s wording they didn’t seem to suggest that was necessary. Thankfully we got a positive. The text said if we fill in the forms correctly and put it as our first preference we should get a place. No harm in calling, though.

Congratulations! I hope you’re having a nice day. The majority of entrants won’t get the news they want - I’m sorry I don’t know how many places they offer.

Our uncertainty might end when the Calderdale results are out but we have one in the bag and it’s made my day...
mum-of-two

Post by mum-of-two »

We also are waiting on the Halifax exams. I didnt get an email (just logged on the admissions site) but we are out of catchment and dont meet the general criteira so we are at the bottom of the preference pile so I suppose it will go purely on her position, hence the reason to call. We are Calderdale Council so cant change our school choice so just got to see what happens!

We have Heck as our 3rd choice school after the 2 Halifax schools. My DS goes to Crossleys so in an ideal world DD will get a place there.
mum-of-two
Thewaitinggame

Post by Thewaitinggame »

I’m in a similar position; one at Crossleys and hoping my DD will follow, nor do we meet the six criteria. The text I referred to was on the portal. Fingers crossed for you when we get the next results! November is a slow month but throw in a lockdown with 11+ results and it’s really dragging!
mum-of-two

Post by mum-of-two »

Apparently they are taking 210 students this year (I thought it was 180). My DD was outside the 210 position but I've been told that typically her ranking has a place by Sept. It's our fall back option so we will see what Crossley's brings some point in the next 6 weeks!

Its not like it even matters as the CAF is already in and cant be changed but it would be nice to be sure like I was with DS who I knew had a place at Crossley's by the end of the Oct!
mum-of-two
Thewaitinggame

Post by Thewaitinggame »

Six weeks! I was hoping the results would come in the next fortnight :) as they are normally posted out after four weeks. They haven’t made a commitment to post them this side of Christmas but it feels ages away.

Thanks for the information on the HGS intake. I suppose they have the space now the Sixth Form has moved out. We were on the waiting list last time so I know how it feels! Hopefully you’ll have a clear result (whenever it comes).
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now