Anyone had their CEM results through?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
scooby1

Re: Anyone had their CEM results through?

Post by scooby1 »

Mbrenno84 wrote:I think everyone is in agreement that the schools have been through a lot in the midst of a pandemic. But that transparency and an actual date, dialogue and communication, would be appreciated for the mass of parents and kids that have been through no less.
I really do know how it feels waiting for results and the anxiety it causes parents, and this year my nephew is waiting for his CEM. But I am going to reiterate what Percymum and a few other have said. It is not the fault of the school. This has been an unprecedentedly year for the 11 Plus entry exam and I think we have to remember that. So many children have had to sit the exam on the second date due to isolating - you would not normally have that many children sitting on the second date. That would have also contributed to the delay receiving the results. Yes, they might have been better organise but we do not know what information is being passed onto them from the CEM administrators. The company that actually marks, standardises and pass on the results to the schools. Also It is not the job of Admin staff to update the website. Most schools employ an outside company or have a designated person in change of Computing. I think they would be more uproar if they had given a date and results had not arrived by that date. The results cannot be changed so does it really matter which day they arrive within the given week, as long as all school post them on the same day. 1st March will be the date school place are offered and that is when you decide what to do next. I personally always told my DC the latest date they would reach us so they didn't worry.

Best of luck to everyone who is waiting but please be patient with schools admin. I personally think the priority definitely has to be with the children who are actually attending the school doing their GCSE and A Levels rather than the new cohort of Year 7 now that the 11 plus has been sat. You have to congratulate the schools for ensuring the children who sat the 11 plus did so in a organised, safe and calm manner. Well, that is what I heard from parents of children who sat. Good luck again everyone hopefully everyone should know the results by this time next week.
payel123

Post by payel123 »

I respect your opinion ,but It’s just that this is a forum where we as parents share our queries/opinions and frustrations hence the rant.yes,patient we are ,we don’t have any other option do we?
How about a “we are expecting the results by 27th,we will update you soon..” etc (something to that effect.).just a communication ?that would reduce the influx of calls from anxious parents to schools and indirectly reduce the work pressure too.
The exams were seamlessly organised and we have applauded the efforts.however if there is a gap in the system I think it is okay for us to give our opinions.

On phone calls schools are mentioning dates ...then why not proactively communicate ?

Don’t get me wrong I am not sitting here and blaming schools ,I don’t have anything against them but this is a situation which is causing a lot of anxiety and stress .
my friend (who is waiting for her daughter’s results)has an anxiety disorder and has an ailing parent ,she has a lot on her plate already .She rang me yesterday stating that it would have been so much better had she known a date.

On a lighter note this time next week it would be end of a loooong episode !!!phew .

good luck to all
Taz1981

Post by Taz1981 »

My daughter and niece worked (like so many other children) extremely hard for the CEM test. I told them early on the results may be mid sept to end of December but even if the results show that they achieved the highest possible results it doesn’t guarantee them a place. They understand nothing is decided until March and to be honest they haven’t asked again. Being a parent my mindset has changed from I wish they get in to, if they don’t get in they will work to break every GCSE record in their current school.
choceyes

Post by choceyes »

A friend of mine who's DD sat the cem told me they received an email stating that results letters are being sent from the 27th. Wondered if anybody else got an email? I didn't :?
Mbrenno84

Post by Mbrenno84 »

Do you know who the email came from? A school or the board. I didn’t get it.
choceyes

Post by choceyes »

I shall interrogate her at school pick up, regarding the email. I guess this means will definitely get the results early next week. Nearly the end of it!
Mbrenno84

Post by Mbrenno84 »

Literally just received an email from Stretford. Posted on 27th.
choceyes

Post by choceyes »

Yep, just got that email :D
payel123

Post by payel123 »

Thanks a lot for the information.Yes we have received the email too.A big relief.i am assuming all the schools will be posting around the same time .Good luck to all .
Omega250

Post by Omega250 »

While we are waiting for the results, any thoughts on how being absent from school for the bulk of Y5 might influence the raw average score for the CEM test this year?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now