Moving house- South West Cons.

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

cem

Moving house- South West Cons.

Post by cem »

My son sat for the SWC test 2020. My current address is in the catchment for the SWC.However we decided to upsize the house.The couple of houses that we liked one in the catchment with Parmiters and Queens School.But one is not in the catchment and I really liked non-catchment house for Parmiters and Queens School, but still in Hertfordshire.Lets say he gets the place because of my current address.if I choose the house in non catchment area in this case is he going to lose the place?Most probably when the school open in September 2021 I will not be in my current address.
Does anyone know anything about that.Before we make an offer for either of the houses I need to know the answer please.
Many thanks.
Daogroupie

Re: Moving house- South West Cons.

Post by Daogroupie »

If you move out of the catchment area for Parmiters and Queens you will not be able to send documents proving you are in the catchment if you are offered a place at either school on 1st March 2021.

DG
cem

Post by cem »

Firstly thank you very much for your answer. Would you be able to know below as well.

If he gets the place in either school, when do we need to provide the documents ? Is it in September 2021?
Can we move after September 2021 or do we need to live in the address some years in order to not to lose the place?

Many thanks
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

cem wrote:Firstly thank you very much for your answer. Would you be able to know below as well.

If he gets the place in either school, when do we need to provide the documents ? Is it in September 2021?
Can we move after September 2021 or do we need to live in the address some years in order to not to lose the place?

Many thanks
The admissions criteria, including information about the address is here for Parmiters
One point they make is as follows:
Fraudulent applications
Parents should note that Hertfordshire County Council will do as much as possible to prevent applications
being made from fraudulent addresses. Address evidence is frequently requested, monitored and checked and
school places will be withdrawn when false information is deliberately provided. Parmiter’s School will take
action in the following circumstances:
 When a child’s application address does not match the address of that child at their current school.
 When a family moves shortly after the closing date of applications or between the date of receiving
their child’s test results and the closing date of applications.
 Where information is received from a third party that an application is fraudulent.
 When a child starts at the allocated school and their address is different from the address used at the
time of application.
 When there are other suspicious circumstances.
And Queen's state:
Fraudulent applications
Hertfordshire County Council and Queens’ School will do as much as possible to prevent applications being made from fraudulent addresses.
Address evidence is frequently requested, monitored and checked and school places will be withdrawn when false information is deliberately provided. Hertfordshire County Council and Queens’ School will take action in the following circumstances:
When a child’s application address does not match the address of that child at their current school;
When a child lives at a different address to the applicant;
When the applicant does not have parental responsibility;
When a child starts at the allocated school and their address is different from the address used at the time of application.
When a family move shortly after the closing date of applications when one or more of the following applies:
The family has moved to a property from which their application was less likely to be successful;
The family has returned to an existing property;
The family lived in rented accommodation for a short period of time (anything less than a year) over the application period;
Council tax information shows a different residence at the time of application.
scary mum
cem

Post by cem »

Thank you very much for the information that's what I saw as well on the page as you sent.

We don't want to do any fraud and get in to trouble anyway.That's why before we decided to move we just want to know in and out then we don't want make a mistake.As someone said if he gets the place he has to go to school 2 to 3 years before we move to somewhere else otherwise he might lose the place.That's why we want to know our future plan about moving in catchment or non catchment.But anyway we will find out the result this weekend so it will be giving me more clue about what to do.Many thanks for help and information.
Hera

Post by Hera »

I never had to show any evidence of address for any of mine for 2 schools within the consortium. The only documents I had to show were birth certificates when applying for sibling places. Once your child has started there will be no issue if you move. I would ring up the schools you are applying to and ask them directly what the policy would be in your situation if it is not clear in their admissions rules. Good luck with the results.
cem

Post by cem »

Many thanks for your the information.

As you said it's the best thing to find out from the school, if he gets the place. Thank you for your good wishes too.