All the best for Second stage

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

confusedsw

All the best for Second stage

Post by confusedsw »

All the best for everyone taking tomorrows second stage.Finally this journey is going to be over for us , phew .I guess I am more excited than my dd.
Gabriel

Re: All the best for Second stage

Post by Gabriel »

Good luck every child!

May I ask is there any thread of discussion Sutton vs Wilson?
We have something in mind, just want to see if any compare materials in the forum. We do have a chance to change the priority.
Thanks.
Pinkey

Post by Pinkey »

Good luck to all!! This has been a long journey that is finally coming to an end, I can't wait for the 2nd stage to be over tmrw, I'm also more excited than my DD! :D And Thanks God this is my 2nd and final child, I don't need to go through this again! :)
Oneoftwothings

Post by Oneoftwothings »

Good vibes to all! DS did it last year, DD will (hopefully) do it next year and my partner teaches at one of the schools, so although not invested this year, I’m following!

Feel free to PM me with questions re those two schools, Gabriel. :)
Golden75

Post by Golden75 »

Lots of luck to all for tomorrow! My youngest DD sitting this year, so no more 11+ exams for our family after this :D
RuedeWakening

Post by RuedeWakening »

We'll be 2/3 of the way through after tomorrow, if DS (year 3) decides he wants to try for the grammar schools too.

Good luck to all for tomorrow.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

From my search on history thread, the 2nd round pass rate is very high, only very few children didn't pass 2nd round.
Not sure if it is the same this year.
Oneoftwothings

Post by Oneoftwothings »

Gabriel wrote:From my search on history thread, the 2nd round pass rate is very high, only very few children didn't pass 2nd round.
Not sure if it is the same this year.
Wilson’s pass around two-thirds; SGS around four-fifths.
SurreyGrammar

Post by SurreyGrammar »

How do you know that?
As far as I understood, 1000 out of approx. 3000 generally passes the first stage, which means roughly %30.

On the 2nd stage, it should be total places of Sutton and Wilson out of 1000 and this means, again around %30-35.

Am I calculating something wrong?
bridge

Post by bridge »

SurreyGrammar wrote:How do you know that?
As far as I understood, 1000 out of approx. 3000 generally passes the first stage, which means roughly %30.

On the 2nd stage, it should be total places of Sutton and Wilson out of 1000 and this means, again around %30-35.

Am I calculating something wrong?
I think you have to take Wallington out of those figures too. Also many children that sit that test will be going for Tiffin too (from this side) & St Olaves from the other side - there's a big crossover. Also there will be a number who just sit the test but can't get a place or will realise that it's just too far. Therefore passing the first stage means you have a pretty good chance of getting a place.