Exam format, registering and open days.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Tolstoy

Exam format, registering and open days.

Post by Tolstoy »

Hi,

It says on the Thomas Richs site that there will be two tests to do on the day of the eleven plus. I want to prepare him for this by giving him a double set at some point and was wondering how long a break they are given between these tests, are they allowed to go to the loo etc...?

Also it tells us we should register an interest in sitting the eleven plus. Does anyone know when this option becomes available as we will be away for the beginning of September?

Plus the TR open days are publicised but does anyone know when The Crypt days will be or when the info will be published? Do they all tend to be in October?

New to all this as you can see!
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Sorry but also need to confirm if it is just the first 15 Tutors types question's they will be tested on or the full 21?

Hopefully that should cover it for a little while at least!
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Welcome to the forum Tolstoy-just back from hols,when I am all sorted I will try and find 10mins to try and post some answers!!

Gloucestermum
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Registration to sit the grammar test has to be received by 17th October-see this link
http://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/index ... leid=12604

Early in year 6 all children will receive a pack from the admissions team which gives all the dates of the open days etc and details of the test arrangements.From what my son remembers from last year they have approx a 15min gap between tests when they can go to the loo and have a drink and biscuit.

Open days do tend to be in October-contact Crypt office they will be able to tell you I'm sure(they are back next Tuesday).
Yes it is the 15 types of questions they get tested on -the two papers are both verbal reasoning multiple choice-1st paper more questions than 2nd and less time as the 2nd paper tends to be the harder one.

Hope this helps!

GM
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Hi Gloucestermum,

Thank you for giviing me that information. We set off for our hols on Friday so I will have to wait until we get back to register which should still be in plenty of time.

I really wish we had thought to go to the open days last year as it doesn't give you much time to make such an important decision about your childrens' future. I have started 11+ revision, on the assumption that the Grammars are the ones we will prefer without having seen either them or the local Comprehensives, just to keep our options open,urggh!

regards,

Tolstoy.
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Yes we did the open days in year 5-you tend to get a better picture going to the open days instead of the open evenings(in my humble opinion anyway!!!).

Anything else you want to know please ask-hopefully us 11+ veterans will be able to help! My DS starts Crypt next Tuesday,as do a few other forum users boys.

GM
proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

Hi Tolstoy and welcome, we are a friendly bunch, and will try to help you on your "journey"
I have a DS just going into 6th form and a DD just about to start at Pates Grammar, so may be able to help too.

Good luck Proud mum x2
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Proud Mum - perhaps youwouldn't mind answering. ....
Last edited by Glos_Mum on Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Glos mum-the open evenings are for parents and children!

GM
proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

Hi and yes! the evenings are for adults and children, they are busy though and may not give you a true "feel" of the schools.

Some schools may be happy to show you around at a different time, but sadly, it does not seem that Pates is one of these.

If you can find out when there is another event,eg.concert, you may be able to sneak in under the radar!

You can be assured though, that it is a really wonderful school.

(before anyone says......not THE only wonderful school in Gloucestershire!)

Best Wishes Proud Mum xx