Commute from New Malden to Wilson’s School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

AJsurrey

Commute from New Malden to Wilson’s School

Post by AJsurrey »

Hello Mums and Dads
My DS is very keen on Wilson’s and would appreciate if anyone could give some feedback on the commute from New Malden to Wilson’s inorder to see if that is a feasible journey via bus/ private hire or coach.
Thanks
sonnyash

Re: Commute from New Malden to Wilson’s School

Post by sonnyash »

Thank goodness it is all over and best of luck to all the girls and boys who sat the Sutton exams yesterday.

X26 from New Malden to Carshalton High Street, then 157 to Wilson’s. :D
AJsurrey

Post by AJsurrey »

Many thanks for the reply and yes so glad all exams finally over!! :)

Would you know how long the journey takes.. ie the latest you will need to leave from New malden?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

AJsurrey wrote:Many thanks for the reply and yes so glad all exams finally over!! :)

Would you know how long the journey takes.. ie the latest you will need to leave from New malden?
If you put it into Google maps it will tell you for different times of day. I don't know how accurate this would be but it would give you an idea.
scary mum
RuedeWakening

Post by RuedeWakening »

The journey by bus takes just over an hour, to arrive at the school around 8am (registration is at 8.25 usually) then he'd need to leave New Malden before 7am. I don't know how bad the traffic would be though, and how likely hold ups are.
bridge

Post by bridge »

We live in New Malden too. Whenever I look on a map at these schools I see the Croydon Ikea and think crikey that's a long distance.

We put Wilsons as our 6th choice due to the long journey. Also, although it sounds straight forward on 2 buses not sure that carrying heavy bags etc would make it very comfortable. Another problem we thought of was what if our son had to try a different option to get home - how complicated would that be?

Wallington doable not sure for Wilsons.
Hmmm

Post by Hmmm »

scary mum wrote:
AJsurrey wrote:Many thanks for the reply and yes so glad all exams finally over!! :)

If you put it into Google maps it will tell you for different times of day. I don't know how accurate this would be but it would give you an idea.
Traffic is horrendous around Wilson's (especially Stafford road) in the morning and afternoon (school run hours).
AJsurrey

Post by AJsurrey »

thankyou all for the replies! much appreciated
amit0305

Post by amit0305 »

Hi all, do we have private school bus drop and pick up facility available from Kingston upon Thames to Wilson's, school? Thanks in advance
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Idea of daily commuting from Kingston to Wilson’s and back is ridiculous. If a under 11 is so keen on Wilson’s, then relocate nearby.
Please support Tiffin School’s Gym Appeal. Visit school’s website to donate.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now