Anyone here yet for 2021 entry?!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Yellowhammer

Re: Anyone here yet for 2021 entry?!

Post by Yellowhammer »

Polgara_Glos wrote:Hmm they say over 2000 then they say 1950 shared?
We should just be grateful that CEM were counting the marks for them then I guess! :lol:

More seriously, in recent previous years Crypt has qualified around 50% of those who shared, and on allocation day had to take down to just over rank 800 in order to fill its 150 places.

I've pulled together the results for the last 2 years on allocation day for each of the grammars so when you get your results tomorrow, you can make a reasonable assessment of how likely your child is to get a place at any of the grammar schools on your CAF, and posted on the results page so no need to search multiple pages of other posts - we will have more than enough to think about as it is!
Glos18

Post by Glos18 »

Hmm they say over 2000 then they say 1950 shared?[/quote]

Classic Crypt! I imagine the disparity is that over 2000 shared with them, but only 1950 turned up on the day of the exam.
Future2020

Post by Future2020 »

Today’s the day! I’ve barely slept! Massive Luck everyone
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

Snap! Good luck to all x
2Socks

Post by 2Socks »

Anyone else wondering what to do with themselves now? Feels like I've been thinking about the test or the result for so long I'm not sure what to do now! I don't want to float, but I was expecting to be wondering/worrying about the school allocation until March, and quite possibly beyond that point. Now DD has qualified with a comfortable rank for her first choice I'm at a loose end and not quite sure how to get back in to real life.
Eviewin

Post by Eviewin »

Feeling a bit the same! Going to try to just enjoy the rest of year 6, before I find myself with two secondary school children!

Thanks all for your company over the last year, from the beginnings of getting to grips with vocab, NVR and mode/median/mean, through the stress of home schooling, delayed test and interminable waiting for the results! You’ve all made the journey a bit easier.
Future2020

Post by Future2020 »

Im just feel relieved tbh! Its taken up so much of my thoughts, it’s so nice to know which school he will be attending.
This hasn’t been a pleasant experience :lol:
Eviewin

Post by Eviewin »

Future, which school? DS will be going to STR.
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

Eviewin wrote:Feeling a bit the same! Going to try to just enjoy the rest of year 6, before I find myself with two secondary school children!

Thanks all for your company over the last year, from the beginnings of getting to grips with vocab, NVR and mode/median/mean, through the stress of home schooling, delayed test and interminable waiting for the results! You’ve all made the journey a bit easier.
Yes, thank you all so much. I'll hang around see if I can offer any wisdom :lol: to those sitting the test next year as their preparation ramps up, and obviously I'll be here for the school allocations. I feel very fortunate that subject to rankings changing by unseen amounts we know where DC is likely to end up. Thank God I have a couple of years before DC's sibling! :lol:
Future2020

Post by Future2020 »

Eviewin wrote:Future, which school? DS will be going to STR.
My son will be joining him too :D
Not high enough ranking for Pates, but ranked 157 for STR. We are all really relieved and excited!