CSSE 2021 entry results no guidance sheet

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
caringdaddy

CSSE 2021 entry results no guidance sheet

Post by caringdaddy »

So we have received results

DS done enough to get his first choice school. His standardised score is 372. Can't believe another anxious wait till March.

Is there any point ringing KEGS for advice?
Last edited by caringdaddy on Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ToadMum

Re: CSSE 2021 ENTRY RESULTS NO GUIDANCE SHEET

Post by ToadMum »

caringdaddy wrote:So we have received results

DS done enough to get her first choice school. His standardized score is 372. Can't believe another anxious wait till March.

No, please don't- more than the previous years' data on the last available guidance sheetthe school can only tell you, at most, what the lowest score was to be offered a place for entry this year. If you are in catchment, your DS's score is comfortably above the last allocated score on national offer day for some years, if OOC not so likely, unfortunately.

The school absolutely cannot tell you whether or not your DS has a place - by law, that information has to come first from your LA on national offer day.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
caringdaddy

Post by caringdaddy »

ToadMum wrote:
caringdaddy wrote:So we have received results

DS done enough to get her first choice school. His standardized score is 372. Can't believe another anxious wait till March.

No, please don't- more than the previous years' data on the last available guidance sheetthe school can only tell you, at most, what the lowest score was to be offered a place for entry this year. If you are in catchment, your DS's score is comfortably above the last allocated score on national offer day for some years, if OOC not so likely, unfortunately.

The school absolutely cannot tell you whether or not your DS has a place - by law, that information has to come first from your LA on national offer day.
Thanks

Luckily we are in catchment. However don't know how many boys applied for KEGS as their first choice.
JP2010

Post by JP2010 »

I would have thought if you are in catchment, then nothing to worry about. The cut-off for 2020 was 346 and 344 in 2019 so your son’s score is well above that.

I can’t imagine it will fluctuate that much... at least I hope not!
JP2010

Post by JP2010 »

On KEGS website it says approx 450 boys put KEGS as one of their choices.
BuddyEssex

Post by BuddyEssex »

Is anyone else confused why there isn’t a guidance sheet?
As it’s based on historical information from the last 4 years I don’t understand why there isn’t one......
Anyone have any ideas?
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

The sheet is normally included to help you make application choices. As applications have already been made they may feel last year’s sheet is adequate.
BuddyEssex

Post by BuddyEssex »

mitasol wrote:The sheet is normally included to help you make application choices. As applications have already been made they may feel last year’s sheet is adequate.
Thanks Mitasol yes I get that having done it a few years ago.
I guess I was just hoping to see where we stood this year especially as the scores seemed all over the place last year in comparison to the guidance which I assume have pushed up the greens and amber scores significantly
caringdaddy

Re: CSSE 2021 entry results no guidance sheet

Post by caringdaddy »

According to the standardisation report, the number of candidates this year is less then last few years so likely the guidance sheet for last 2 years would be valid.