Allocations in March 2021 for September 2021 entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Mbrenno84

Allocations in March 2021 for September 2021 entry

Post by Mbrenno84 »

Kicking off a new thread from my previous mammoth one :) This one to help me understand a little more on the allocations come 1st March 2021.

I think I'm right in thinking they come via email, right?
I put the 5 grammar schools first (Consortium + Loreto). My child passed Stretford and Loreto.
It's unlikely she'll get in on oversubscription criteria for Loreto. She may just get in for Stretford (but we are OOC in WA14).

What happens next?

Do you just get your next preference 6,7,8 that I emailed in if I meet their oversub criteria.
Or if she gets into Stretford, do you just get that one choice, or do you always get a second choice of local authority school too?

My anxiety is abated when I know what's happening!
hermanmunster

Re: Allocations in March 2021 for September 2021 entry

Post by hermanmunster »

how you get the results depends on the LEA - some it is by e-mail, others by logging in to a website

You are offered ONE school only and that is the highest school on your list which can offer you a place
Mbrenno84

Post by Mbrenno84 »

hermanmunster wrote:how you get the results depends on the LEA - some it is by e-mail, others by logging in to a website

You are offered ONE school only and that is the highest school on your list which can offer you a place
Thanks! If by some chance I get Stretford and I decide not to go for it for whatever reason; what do I do to be considered for another local authority school? Say no to Stretford and then get put on a waiting list?
Mbrenno84

Post by Mbrenno84 »

And sorry one more question. If I wanted to change my preference now, in December 2020 ... does that alteration in order get treated as a late application?
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Thanks! If by some chance I get Stretford and I decide not to go for it for whatever reason; what do I do to be considered for another local authority school? Say no to Stretford and then get put on a waiting list?

You can request to go on the waiting list for another school. It is not advisable to turn down the allocated school until you have another offer.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Mbrenno84 wrote:And sorry one more question. If I wanted to change my preference now, in December 2020 ... does that alteration in order get treated as a late application?
It would be a late application

"If you wish to change your application at any time up to 31 October you can do so by
logging into your online account. Any change made after this date will only be considered
after all on time applications/changes have been considered. The last application submitted is
the application which will be considered."

If you get Stretford and would prefer another school then accept Stretford and ask to be on the WL for the other school
Mbrenno84

Post by Mbrenno84 »

hermanmunster wrote:
Mbrenno84 wrote:And sorry one more question. If I wanted to change my preference now, in December 2020 ... does that alteration in order get treated as a late application?
It would be a late application

"If you wish to change your application at any time up to 31 October you can do so by
logging into your online account. Any change made after this date will only be considered
after all on time applications/changes have been considered. The last application submitted is
the application which will be considered."

If you get Stretford and would prefer another school then accept Stretford and ask to be on the WL for the other school

Thanks. That’s helpful. I think what I need to do is stop trying to guess how this is going to go and just wait until March! If I got stretford id be more than happy. It’s what happens if I don’t.
PercyMum

Post by PercyMum »

Are you happy with your other choices? Are they realistic for you in terms of catchment/entry criteria?

If you get Stretford you’ve got the option of an easy journey by tram at least - 15 mins or so - as the tram stop is v near the school. Hundreds of kids do the route each day, between Altrincham / Sale / Stretford / Chorlton + Old Trafford / Manchester City centre, from loads of schools. My kids really like the tram journey + have ‘tram friends’ from other classes + other schools, so it’s a fun part of their day. They feel really independent jumping on the tram too!
Mbrenno84

Post by Mbrenno84 »

PercyMum wrote:Are you happy with your other choices? Are they realistic for you in terms of catchment/entry criteria?

If you get Stretford you’ve got the option of an easy journey by tram at least - 15 mins or so - as the tram stop is v near the school. Hundreds of kids do the route each day, between Altrincham / Sale / Stretford / Chorlton + Old Trafford / Manchester City centre, from loads of schools. My kids really like the tram journey + have ‘tram friends’ from other classes + other schools, so it’s a fun part of their day. They feel really independent jumping on the tram too!
I’d be more than happy with Stretford. It’s the only one of the consortium we got into. However in WA14 my catchment was SGS and AGGS. It’s likely I won’t get Stretford because of catchment. I’d love my kid to be part of that team routine and have that independence.

Thinking about my younger child in 2 years time I think somewhere closer to WA14 would be preferable, but I think I’m going to need to hang fire and see.
KaB£H1s3

Post by KaB£H1s3 »

Mbrenno84 wrote:Kicking off a new thread from my previous mammoth one :) This one to help me understand a little more on the allocations come 1st March 2021.

I think I'm right in thinking they come via email, right?
I put the 5 grammar schools first (Consortium + Loreto). My child passed Stretford and Loreto.
It's unlikely she'll get in on oversubscription criteria for Loreto. She may just get in for Stretford (but we are OOC in WA14).

What happens next?

Do you just get your next preference 6,7,8 that I emailed in if I meet their oversub criteria.
Or if she gets into Stretford, do you just get that one choice, or do you always get a second choice of local authority school too?

My anxiety is abated when I know what's happening!
To get your allocation log in at
01 March 2021 at 00:01

https://legacy.trafford.gov.uk/content/ ... .asp#login" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can log in now. It should show your current application

Edit to add: if you get Stretford or Urmston you won't get a non grammar choice. You'll get your highest available preference only.