Bucks Selection Review after getting 119 in the Transfer Tes

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
tamisara

Re: Bucks Selection Review after getting 119 in the Transfer

Post by tamisara »

Jupiter1 wrote:Sorry for the incessant questions but what should we enter into the field stating: "Tell us what reasons you have for asking for a Selection Review"?
Clearly, I have my Word doc that sets out the entire case but assume that this will be uploaded.

I'd appreciate any pointers for this. Thanks again.
Is this on the online form? (Sorry I've only requested the details and head's form and collated information).
tamisara

Post by tamisara »

Jupiter1 wrote:Next challenge!
The online system only allows a maximum of 3 uploads. There is nothing on the site to explain what we should do if we have additional docs...

Has anyone else managed to surmount this?
I'd be interested to know this too!

I noted the maximum number, so was wondering if you it was possible to combine two documents (of two A4 size), into one PDF so it counted as one iyswim?

So I'm going to include the head's form (which counts as one document), my dad's medical records and the school report, and email from today. I hope to combine the reports into one PDF file, and my dad's records into another, so that would make another. I hope this works, but I did see that there is a maximum size on them too. I don't know if this is of any help to you or not.

BCC is impossible to get hold of. I requested a call-back twice last week, very clearly, and they have not returned a call, or even sent an email! :roll:
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Jupiter1 wrote:Next challenge!
The online system only allows a maximum of 3 uploads. There is nothing on the site to explain what we should do if we have additional docs...

Has anyone else managed to surmount this?
Can't you scan them into fewer documents with a list of appendices? School stuff, medical stuff, ...
Jupiter1

Post by Jupiter1 »

I will let you know if I manage to speak to someone tomorrow.
I fear that merging documents will make it more difficult for the panel to navigate and also, I have no idea how you merge multiple PDF documents and at the same time, keep the size down to 3MB!
Jupiter1

Post by Jupiter1 »

I thought I read on one of the posts that someone went in person and handed this in and managed to get a receipt. Not manged to track the post down yet.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Jupiter1 wrote:I will let you know if I manage to speak to someone tomorrow.
I fear that merging documents will make it more difficult for the panel to navigate and also, I have no idea how you merge multiple PDF documents and at the same time, keep the size down to 3MB!
Can you take them to County Hall?

You just need an index - you can take a snapshot of a PDF in the menu then copy to a new document and PDF it at the end.
Jupiter1

Post by Jupiter1 »

3 hours later...
I have merged the files together, reduced the resolution of the scanner in order to meet these upload restrictions! Thankfully, the Headteachers report is not included in the 3 permitted files. That is uploaded in a separate section. My 3 files are as follows:
- Covering Letter
- Academic Evidence - associated appendices
- Extenuating Circumstances - associated appendices

There is a fields when uploading these documents and I have provided a breakdown of which appendices are included in each file.

I had little confidence in the Council responding to a chat request I sent this evening and even then, I wasn't sure how all the supplementary information entered as part of this submission would be provided when handing these forms in person...

I now have an email confirmation with the submission form and all the documents I have supplied :)

Thanks for all the help I have had on this forum. It's been invaluable and I really appreciate people offering up their time to help others. I hope this forum comes in use for others too and I will be sure to let you know how I get on.

Just two questions before I disappear into the silent night (for a while at least!):
1. The confirmation email suggests that we will hear back from the Council by mid-Feb. When does this tend to happen in practice?
2. How will they communicate their decision? Will it be via email of letter?
Deb70

Post by Deb70 »

Jupiter1 wrote:I thought I read on one of the posts that someone went in person and handed this in and managed to get a receipt. Not manged to track the post down yet.
That was me. However this was in 2018 and it seems that paper submissions are no longer an option. However, I did email them the next day to make sure the paperwork had reached the right place and they replied the same day. I think they also sent everyone an email after the closing date to say they had received your submission and when you would get the results of the review.
Very best of luck. I would also try not to make a big deal of the review to the children, and not get their hopes up just in case.
tamisara

Post by tamisara »

Jupiter1 wrote:3 hours later...
I have merged the files together, reduced the resolution of the scanner in order to meet these upload restrictions! Thankfully, the Headteachers report is not included in the 3 permitted files. That is uploaded in a separate section. My 3 files are as follows:
- Covering Letter
- Academic Evidence - associated appendices
- Extenuating Circumstances - associated appendices

There is a fields when uploading these documents and I have provided a breakdown of which appendices are included in each file.

I had little confidence in the Council responding to a chat request I sent this evening and even then, I wasn't sure how all the supplementary information entered as part of this submission would be provided when handing these forms in person...

I now have an email confirmation with the submission form and all the documents I have supplied :)

Thanks for all the help I have had on this forum. It's been invaluable and I really appreciate people offering up their time to help others. I hope this forum comes in use for others too and I will be sure to let you know how I get on.

Just two questions before I disappear into the silent night (for a while at least!):
1. The confirmation email suggests that we will hear back from the Council by mid-Feb. When does this tend to happen in practice?

Thank you so much, this has helped me immeasurably. I just had a meltdown when trying to find some things I saved as PDFs, so I'm so glad you posted this and it worked for you :D
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Jupiter1 wrote:Just two questions before I disappear into the silent night (for a while at least!):
I suppose it depends when they're ready, but looking back to last February, it appears that this year it was at the end of the first full week in February:
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 4&start=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I don't know for certain, but coronavirus has accelerated the move to an online system.
Etienne
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now