ISEB Pre test result

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Gabriel

ISEB Pre test result

Post by Gabriel »

May I ask how can i have my son's test result?
Thanks.
Daogroupie

Re: ISEB Pre test result

Post by Daogroupie »

You will not be given the results.

They will be sent to the schools you are applying for. The schools are paying to use the test so they own the results. DG
Pl1688

Post by Pl1688 »

Technically, parents will have paid the fee as part of the application.

But yes, you will not have the privilege of knowing the actual score - either your DC scored sufficiently high to proceed to next stage (test and/or interview) or not.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

thanks all for your response.
what about if i request the result from the secondary school i applied?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

They will give the result when they are ready to do so but it will be just a pass or score not high enough. You will not be given any more information than that.

The purpose of first round ISEB tests are not the score but the ticket to the second round. DG
turnip08

Post by turnip08 »

Not sure where to ask, but does anyone know how many kids get through the first stage at Westminster School 11+ i.e. through to the English/Maths in January, followed by interview?
Pl1688

Post by Pl1688 »

Around 100 for written exams, then select 50 for interview for approx 25 places.
turnip08

Post by turnip08 »

Thanks, that's really helpful. I wonder how many sat it? 100 doesn't seem to be that many from potentially a large pool of students?
Pl1688

Post by Pl1688 »

The pool isn't as big as you would think simply due to the fees. Now that stage 2 is less than a month away, I've been questioning whether the fees is worth it vs a super selective grammar especially after drilling down on the stats

On the quantifiable aspects - their A level results (% A*-B) clearly trending down - From 2014 (98%), 2015 (97%) to 2018 (93%), 2019 (91%). For a school that is considered one of the best in UK (and most expensive), with highly competitve entry standards (at least for 11+ and 16+), sends half of its cohort to Oxbridge, attracts some of the top performing girls to its 6th form as Queen's scholars, you'd expect its results to be in top 10 and not outside (based on recent Times league table).

Therefore, do the less quantifiable aspects justify the fees?

Note: Not assuming DS will get offer but now thinking whether DS should continue prepping for the written exams over Xmas or just take complete break and let it be.
turnip08

Post by turnip08 »

Yes, interesting, I had read about the downward trend. But if they still have success with Oxbridge? Perhaps it's because their ethos is one of 'loyal dissent', i.e. the constant questioning and debating often away from the standard curriculum? Though that should have affected previous years' results too, so it is rather curious.

There must have been at least 300-400 boys sitting, or do you think less than that (most top-tier schools have several hundred sitting, though take your point re fees - astronomical!)?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now