The London Consortium have abandoned their exam.

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Daogroupie

The London Consortium have abandoned their exam.

Post by Daogroupie »

The London Consortium have announced that they will not be doing ahead with their exam.

They will choose girls for interview based on references and school reports.

One down, quite a few more to go.

St Pauls girls and St Pauls boys and Merchant Taylors are due to take place on the 5th January and UCS on the 6th which is in 6 & 7 days time. DG
Saintrockz

Re: The London Consortium have abandoned their exam.

Post by Saintrockz »

Any gut feeling on will that be based on online invigilation or will they too base on reports and interviews? I'm assuming those boroughs where primaries are being to ask to stay closed are they allowed to move around within tier four to attend exams?
Poppyredshoes

Post by Poppyredshoes »

I think the school admission teams must be desperate, everything will be to be abandoned or moved online. School insurance doesn’t allow openings against DFE guidance.
tianjiahello

Post by tianjiahello »

May I ask where do you see the announcement? I couldn’t find it. Does it mean all Consortium Schools will no longer require ISEB exam score?
SnowballMum

Post by SnowballMum »

I await Forest School’s response to new guidance. DD was due to sit her exam on the 11th at her prep school.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

No.

This is the London Consortium schools who stayed with the existing CEM exam NOT the ones who moved to ISEB. They have already done their exam and can proceed to interview.

I am waiting to hear announcements of their plans from the following: St Albans boys, Merchant Taylors, UCS, Forest, HABS girls, St Pauls boys and girls, Westminster. All these schools have scheduled exams in early January. DG
Johnwang

Post by Johnwang »

I am so glad that my DD did her in ISEB in early December. Still awaiting an update from Habs Girls regarding their scheduled exam on 13 Jan.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now