ZOOM EXAMS

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tubby

ZOOM EXAMS

Post by tubby »

Hello all,

My DS will be sitting their 13 plus exams soon on Teams, online, l am not familiar with online exams, and he is a bit anxious about it can anyone pls explain the process, with maths how do they show workings, for English, its reading, comprehension and writing based on a passage.
Thanks
Justanothergirl

Re: ZOOM EXAMS

Post by Justanothergirl »

Hello,
Obviously it will depend on which school your son is taking the exam for (and they should have provided details) but I can tell you that, for Habs girls, for the maths exams the children had to fill in a box with their answer and then we had to email the sheets with their workings to the school. For English, the tasks were fairly short, some of them multiple choice. I can’t comment on the difficulty of the content of the exam itself, but I would reassure yourself and your DS that the process will be quite straight forward and doable. Good luck.
tubby

Re: ZOOM EXAMS

Post by tubby »

Justanothergirl wrote:Hello,
Obviously it will depend on which school your son is taking the exam for (and they should have provided details) but I can tell you that, for Habs girls, for the maths exams the children had to fill in a box with their answer and then we had to email the sheets with their workings to the school. For English, the tasks were fairly short, some of them multiple choice. I can’t comment on the difficulty of the content of the exam itself, but I would reassure yourself and your DS that the process will be quite straight forward and doable. Good luck.

Thank you