Exam date 2021

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Louey

Exam date 2021

Post by Louey »

Hello, returning to the forum as DS3 is doing the 11+ this year. I'm just wondering whether anyone knows whether the test date is likely to remain in September this year given the disruption due to COVID. I'm also worried about how much of the curriculum he has missed but I know that everyone else is in the same boat (unless they are at private school).

DS2 did the exam when it was CEM so I need to get my head around the differences between this and GL. At the moment he is doing sections of the CEM books we already have. I've been pretty laid back about it because he is the sort of child that is likely to rebel if I give him too much to do. He reads a lot fortunately. Speed is going to be his biggest issue.
scary mum

Re: Exam date 2021

Post by scary mum »

I think for now you have to assume that the tests will be held as planned. I don't imagine the grammar schools themselves know what will happen, as you know, things change all the time in this pandemic. This year it wasn't until July 24th that they announced that the tests would be delayed.
scary mum
Louey

Post by Louey »

I remember it was late - I'm thinking of moving a holiday from May half term (as I don't think it will happen) to October half term but the slight niggle is if they move the tests again. I hope they won't need to. I guess I just need to decide whether or not to take the risk.
Proud-Dad

Post by Proud-Dad »

Louey wrote:Hello, returning to the forum as DS3 is doing the 11+ this year. I'm just wondering whether anyone knows whether the test date is likely to remain in September this year given the disruption due to COVID. I'm also worried about how much of the curriculum he has missed but I know that everyone else is in the same boat (unless they are at private school).

DS2 did the exam when it was CEM so I need to get my head around the differences between this and GL. At the moment he is doing sections of the CEM books we already have. I've been pretty laid back about it because he is the sort of child that is likely to rebel if I give him too much to do. He reads a lot fortunately. Speed is going to be his biggest issue.
The practise test is on 5th September and the actual test is on the 12th September. This is confirmed but still waiting on venue details.

I wanted to know is it compulsory to attend the practice session?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Proud-Dad wrote:
Louey wrote:Hello, returning to the forum as DS3 is doing the 11+ this year. I'm just wondering whether anyone knows whether the test date is likely to remain in September this year given the disruption due to COVID. I'm also worried about how much of the curriculum he has missed but I know that everyone else is in the same boat (unless they are at private school).

The practise test is on 5th September and the actual test is on the 12th September. This is confirmed but still waiting on venue details.

I believe it isn’t nt but from one of your other threads it seems pointless taking the Bucks test at all since you are very unlikely to get a place from your current location (unless you are planning to move)
Deb70

Post by Deb70 »

GL has the type of VR questions that you need to have practiced beforehand. They fall into specific types of questions, there's a lot of 'coding' type stuff where numbers represent letters, patterns going along the alphabet etc. There's a set way of working them out which they need to learn and get quick at doing, so make sure the test isn't the first time they see them or they won't have a chance.
patricia

Post by patricia »

Proud-Dad wrote:

To clarify, there are two dates for practice tests and two dates for actual test.

https://www.thebucksgrammarschools.org/news" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Out of county children will now take the tests on:
Saturday 4 September (practice) and Saturday 11 September (Transfer Test) OR
Sunday 5 September (practice) and Sunday 12 September (Transfer Test)
It is not compulsory to take the practice test but is advisable.

https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/services/edu ... g-process/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Children who attend an out of county school
We recommended your child takes the practice test before the Secondary Transfer Test but it is not essential
Patricia
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now