Go to navigation
It is currently Tue May 18, 2021 3:56 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Exam date 2021
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:49 pm 

Hello, returning to the forum as DS3 is doing the 11+ this year. I'm just wondering whether anyone knows whether the test date is likely to remain in September this year given the disruption due to COVID. I'm also worried about how much of the curriculum he has missed but I know that everyone else is in the same boat (unless they are at private school).

DS2 did the exam when it was CEM so I need to get my head around the differences between this and GL. At the moment he is doing sections of the CEM books we already have. I've been pretty laid back about it because he is the sort of child that is likely to rebel if I give him too much to do. He reads a lot fortunately. Speed is going to be his biggest issue.

Post subject: Re: Exam date 2021
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:23 pm 

I think for now you have to assume that the tests will be held as planned. I don't imagine the grammar schools themselves know what will happen, as you know, things change all the time in this pandemic. This year it wasn't until July 24th that they announced that the tests would be delayed.

Post subject: Re: Exam date 2021
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:30 am 

I remember it was late - I'm thinking of moving a holiday from May half term (as I don't think it will happen) to October half term but the slight niggle is if they move the tests again. I hope they won't need to. I guess I just need to decide whether or not to take the risk.