National Offer Day 2021

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Mbrenno84

National Offer Day 2021

Post by Mbrenno84 »

Hello fellow Trafford forum members :) 24 days to go until 1st March National Offer Day.

I'm sharing my anxiety and inability to sit and wait for allocations to come through - anything will be good I am sure, but it's the not knowing where which is getting me.

We passed for Stretford, but we are out of priority catchment postcode in WA14. I'm keen to know if it's going to be Stretford or another local authority school, and if so, which one. Based on previous years, I'm hopeful but it's not too realistic.

I hope all those I've spoken to on here are feeling ok about it all.
Taz1981

Re: National Offer Day 2021

Post by Taz1981 »

Good luck.
My daughter passed for WHSG, MHSG, AGSG and Stretford. We still have zero clue, she may even be staying at her current school.
Mbrenno84

Post by Mbrenno84 »

Taz1981 wrote:Good luck.
My daughter passed for WHSG, MHSG, AGSG and Stretford. We still have zero clue, she may even be staying at her current school.
Thanks. You didn't put in for Sale or Urmston? I assume if she passed Stretford she would have passed those two. What is your catchment postcode?
Taz1981

Post by Taz1981 »

We didn’t put Sale or Urmston on our preferred choice however she did receive pass letters for both. We are around 4.5 miles from Stretford so fingers crossed.
Mbrenno84

Post by Mbrenno84 »

Taz1981 wrote:We didn’t put Sale or Urmston on our preferred choice however she did receive pass letters for both. We are around 4.5 miles from Stretford so fingers crossed.
Fingers crossed. I'm 3.6 miles as the crow flies but was disappointed that no children were allocated a place from outside Stretford's category 6 catchment area postcodes last year. I'm hopeful for 1st March.
payel123

Post by payel123 »

Hey everybody

The anxiety blues are back for me.Really apprehensive as my son passed AGSB.and Stretford .I am hoping to get a place at AGSb as we are within catchment .Not sure whether everyone is offered a place.
For Stretford we are 3.1 miles away (as the crow files)
Don’t want to overthink now...as they say “we shal cross the bridge when we get there “ lol.
5 days to go now ...all the best to everyone .
Mbrenno84

Post by Mbrenno84 »

payel123 wrote:Hey everybody

The anxiety blues are back for me.Really apprehensive as my son passed AGSB.and Stretford .I am hoping to get a place at AGSb as we are within catchment .Not sure whether everyone is offered a place.
For Stretford we are 3.1 miles away (as the crow files)
Don’t want to overthink now...as they say “we shal cross the bridge when we get there “ lol.
5 days to go now ...all the best to everyone .
I hear you and I’m beyond anxious too. Let’s hang in there.
Taz1981

Post by Taz1981 »

Our daughter was offered a place at both Withington and MHSG but with no bursary. I would need to work a second job 5 nights a week to help pay the fees, so I think we may need to pass on those. It's so sad because my daughter worked so hard and she loved the interview process. Hoping for Alty or Stretford now, if not I will just sell personal items and take her to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios, she's worked to hard not to be rewarded.
Mbrenno84

Post by Mbrenno84 »

Taz1981 wrote:Our daughter was offered a place at both Withington and MHSG but with no bursary. I would need to work a second job 5 nights a week to help pay the fees, so I think we may need to pass on those. It's so sad because my daughter worked so hard and she loved the interview process. Hoping for Alty or Stretford now, if not I will just sell personal items and take her to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios, she's worked to hard not to be rewarded.
As much as we all want to go The Wizarding World of Harry Potter (and we do) I really hope one of the options works out for you. It sounds like your daughter has done really well. Fingers crossed for all.
Te82

Post by Te82 »

Trafford Council emailed last night to say allocations would be available from 00.01 on Monday 1 March. Not long now!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now