Wandsworth year 6 - alternative date

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Wimbles

Wandsworth year 6 - alternative date

Post by Wimbles »

Anyone else out there who was given the alternative date of 6 January, which got cancelled due to the lockdown?

I have been chasing the council but still nothing...just wanting to moan to someone in the same boat as us!
dinosaur72

Re: Wandsworth year 6 - alternative date

Post by dinosaur72 »

Hello *wimbles*. We were given a 12 Dec date and I was miffed as we only had a couple of days notice and had been prepping for 5 Dec. Don't envy you having to wait until 6 Jan and then cancelled with no follow up.

It's outrageous that they still haven't been able to accommodate your child sitting the test, when others have their results. We received our result last week. Can your school help? How can the secondary schools make a decision about your child without the WT results?
Wimbles

Re: Wandsworth year 6 - alternative date

Post by Wimbles »

Thanks for your response.

No the council has now said we are unlikely to be able to sit the test before offer day but we are still going to have the opportunity to sit the test and be offered a place. I have no idea how that would even work as surely there is a waiting list and offers - so we can't just barge into that unless they actually create an extra space.

I have no idea, but I do know that they are covering themselves because they have a legal obligation to let us sit the test.

This alternative date was for those who were self-isolating or who had a clash with another date.

it's ridiculous. They only confirmed the 12th a few days before the test.

Feeling very frustrated.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now