Allocations

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
monkeypops

Allocations

Post by monkeypops »

Hi everyone :D

Just over two weeks to go until allocation day, wishing everyone good luck for getting their preferences!
2Socks

Re: Allocations

Post by 2Socks »

Thanks. Fingers crossed we should be ok for her first choice. Does anyone else keep checking that they submitted the form correctly?!
I hope you all get what you want, it feels like it's been a very long wait.
Where's everyone hoping for? It's Denmark for us.
Glos18

Post by Glos18 »

Feels like the time has gone by quickly! Not really sure what we are hoping for. She should get either Stroud or Ribston. She and we would be happy with either, but Stroud comes first on the CAF having been her favourite in October, but RH is her current favourite :? . In some ways a good position to be in. I'm hoping the Grammar Gods will work it out for us!
SwimmingUpstream

Post by SwimmingUpstream »

We're hoping for Denmark Road too. DD's rank would get in for the last few years and the results email said if we'd put them first she is likely to be awarded a place.

I haven't dared check the application, in case I click the wrong thing and turn it into a late application!

But I do have an email from the council admissions team confirming the choice order because I had to get them to correct something in one of our lower choices when the CAF didn't work properly.
Future2020

Post by Future2020 »

We are hoping for Tommies, it should be a safe bet looking at the last few years, but I still feel a bit apprehensive considering how different it’s been this year!
This post, made me go and check my application :lol:

I heard from others, last year some people that didn’t get first choice received the letter the Saturday. It would be nice if it come a day or two earlier. Good luck everyone
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

Similar to you all, based on last years, logic tells me we should be fine for all DC's grammar choices but irrational nerves creeping on based on that we know this year may be an odd one!

I did wonder with the allocation day being a Monday if we may hear anything earlier by letter which will need posting Friday (based on the previous year's threads where some got letters regardless of what they said on the CAF).

How quickly do the schools get in touch after allocation day?
monkeypops

Post by monkeypops »

Polgara_Glos wrote:Similar to you all, based on last years, logic tells me we should be fine for all DC's grammar choices but irrational nerves creeping on based on that we know this year may be an odd one!

I did wonder with the allocation day being a Monday if we may hear anything earlier by letter which will need posting Friday (based on the previous year's threads where some got letters regardless of what they said on the CAF).

How quickly do the schools get in touch after allocation day?
last time round we received our email at 10:30am... if that helps!
Glos18

Post by Glos18 »

When DS received a place for Tommies on allocation day 2 years ago, we received a letter from the school the following day with an appointment for blazer fitting etc so you may hear from them very quickly!
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

Ah great!

It’s becoming increasingly obvious that DC is ready for secondary, more ready than I am. They are sailing through the set work from school. They want to get excited about the next stage.

I do wonder what they’ll do at school for the last term. Normally it’s SATS then a PGL trip and then filling the days. But both are cancelled. With the volume of homeschooling work this time I don’t know how behind they are in their learning?
2Socks

Post by 2Socks »

Polgara, yes, we noticed that DD is ready to move on... pretty much as soon as the test results came out she lost all interest in primary. She's doing all the work set by them, but none of it is challenging her really. We've been trying to keep her brain going with non-schoolwork learning. It's origami and other crafts for them this week while DH and I are working.
Swimming Upstream... fingers crossed for us both! Again, I think we are safe, but it would be great to see it in writing!