Result of 118 (.75) - selection review? (Bucks)

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tamisara

Re: Result of 118 (.75) - selection review? (Bucks)

Post by tamisara »

:oops: I got it wrong, you are correct Etienne, it was 113.

Sent now anymore.

Thank you so much for all your help, you have been amazing! :D
tamisara

Post by tamisara »

I just had a voicemail from County (was on a call to someone else), they are trying to get hold of me about the review I submitted. I get the feeling that something's wrong, even though it all uploaded OK. She said she'll phone me back, but I guess it won't be till Monday, which means I'll spend all weekend worrying about it. I really thought after I'd sent it I could relax until February, seems I'm jinxed!
kronenborg

Post by kronenborg »

i would really try not to worry about it - i am sure it is a technical (meaning IT) issue rather than anything substantial or significant, and will be easily resolved next week.

when i was going through the selection review a couple of years ago for my daughter, we submitted all the docs through the online portal, and i duly received an automated confirmation of the successful submission of the docs, along with which attachments i had uploaded...then i got contacted by the council quite a few days later about a problem (again, IT, not content or process) with one of the uploads - i resent them this (even though it was waaaaaaaaaay over the deadline) and it was included for consideration no problem (and our selection review was successful).

i suspect it will likely be something similar for you - the council now perhaps being more vigilant for such issues and spotting them sooner.

try to relax and enjoy your weekend!
tamisara

Post by tamisara »

Thanks Kronenborg, I hope you're right. I will wait and see. Congratulations on your successful review.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

I just had a voicemail from County
It might be a response to your contact form enquiry? - you asked for someone to ring you back.

Whatever the problem may be, I'm sure someone is ringing to help.
Etienne
tamisara

Post by tamisara »

Etienne wrote:
I just had a voicemail from County
It might be a response to your contact form enquiry? - you asked for someone to ring you back.

Yep, you were right Etienne :oops: . They said it doesn't matter if you request the Selection Review form multiple times, the number it generates is not important, except if you claim to have asked but haven't. I hope this helps anyone, anxious like me, who worries they have too many numbers assigned to their case.

They said they don't check the PDFs are all there, but it's in my confirmation email, and if they print it and can't open, I'm reassured that they know I submitted it.

Can relax now, my husband will be pleased as he's fed up with me being so stressed.

Thank you all, especially Etienne.
tamisara

Post by tamisara »

We had the email today saying that our review was successful and our daughter has been qualified for grammar school!

I keep checking the email to make sure!

Thank you so much everyone who helped, in particular Etienne. You help has been invaluable!
mad?

Post by mad? »

Congratulations, that's great news!
mad?
tamisara

Post by tamisara »

Thank you x
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

tamisara wrote:We had the email today saying that our review was successful and our daughter has been qualified for grammar school!

I keep checking the email to make sure!

Thank you so much everyone who helped, in particular Etienne. You help has been invaluable!
Well done, tamisara! You put a huge effort into your review.
It's wonderful news. :D
Etienne
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now