Watford grammar boys school outside catchment

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
aquamum

Watford grammar boys school outside catchment

Post by aquamum »

Hello all

I live in millhill currently.So I am looking what grammar schools I can apply for my son except QE boys.Does any body know Watford grammar boys school take boys out of catchment?Is there any chance if I apply I get seat in that school.Thanks
mad?

Re: Watford grammar boys school outside catchment

Post by mad? »

You can find the admission policy here. Note point 2.1.
mad?
Hera

Post by Hera »

There is no point applying to WGSB from Mill Hill. Your application will not be considered. There are 2 or 3 out of catchment places for Parmiters which your DC would be eligible for if scoring high enough. I am sure you are considering Mill Hill County.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

You can apply for Latymer in Enfield to sit the exam which will be in early September.

But you will need to move into the catchment area by early January if you rank highly enough for a place.

You will get your results in time for you to decide if you wish to do that. DG
jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 »

Have you considered Mill Hill County school. Are you in its catchment area. The geo-grahpical distance this year was around 1.3 miles from the school. Mill Hill County like Watford as some partially selective seats. 24 seats for acadamic ability (test), 24 seats for musical abilities and 12 for dance.
BucksorHert?

Post by BucksorHert? »

jazbaati99 wrote:Have you considered Mill Hill County school. Are you in its catchment area. The geo-grahpical distance this year was around 1.3 miles from the school. Mill Hill County like Watford as some partially selective seats. 24 seats for acadamic ability (test), 24 seats for musical abilities and 12 for dance.
If a school has only 24 places for academic ability does that make the school count as one more geared to encourage academic children flourish? I hear of schools where teachers discourage students from pushing themselves to aim for their dreams and students bullying those who are more studious or tend to give right answers to questions asked in class.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

BucksorHert? wrote:
jazbaati99 wrote:Have you considered Mill Hill County school. Are you in its catchment area. The geo-grahpical distance this year was around 1.3 miles from the school. Mill Hill County like Watford as some partially selective seats. 24 seats for acadamic ability (test), 24 seats for musical abilities and 12 for dance.
If a school has only 24 places for academic ability does that make the school count as one more geared to encourage academic children flourish? I hear of schools where teachers discourage students from pushing themselves to aim for their dreams and students bullying those who are more studious or tend to give right answers to questions asked in class.
I hope that all schools encourage all children to flourish - once children are in a school, "academic" or not, things are generally very different from when they took entrance exams - not every child is good at everything and all change over time.

The thought of pupils bullying others who answered all the questions right was not something I recognise, I had very bright colleagues and we liked an easy ride sometimes so happy to let others keep the teacher occupied while we thought of other things and daydreamed in the back row and concentrated on being teenagers.

As has been said before, schools can change over the years and not every school suits every child, particularly as 50 % are below average
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

BucksorHert? wrote:
So you are assuming that the 24 who get places via this particular route are going to be the only 'clever' pupils in the year? All the locals, DC of staff, dance aptitude and musical aptitude entrants disruptive thicko, like as not?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 »

BucksorHert? wrote:
I know so many families from this school and I have heard nothing but good things about it. I am curious to know if you have first hand experience of Mill Hill County?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now