Tiffin Boys waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Wimbles

Tiffin Boys waiting list

Post by Wimbles »

Hi,

I just have a very silly query: how do I find out my son's position on the Tiffin waiting list. We are in Merton, and have been offered another school, which I'm actually ok about but would love to know his score and how likely he would be get a place.

Do I email the school?

TIA
dh28

Re: Tiffin Boys waiting list

Post by dh28 »

Official communication from Tiffins school:

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FIRST WEEK IN MARCH IS ALWAYS AN EXCEPTIONALLY BUSY TIME OF YEAR. STAGE TWO TEST RESULTS WILL BE EMAILED BY THE EVENING OF TUESDAY 2 MARCH TO EVERYONE ON OUR WAITING LIST.
hellothere

Post by hellothere »

Last we got a letter a couple of days after offer day with our son’s score and what the cut off had been. He was one mark below the cut off and they said he would definitely get a place but we would not hear until after Easter. He was actually offered a place in late March and then we had a week or so do decide whether to take it.
They didn’t actually tell us where he was on the wait list- there may well have been loads of boys with the same score!
Wimbles

Post by Wimbles »

Thank you! I will wait to hear from the school tomorrow.

We have a couple of back ups but we would love to know how he did.

Interesting that they told you he'd definitely be offered a place.
surrey parents

Post by surrey parents »

We are in the same position. We have been offered another grammar but tiffin boys is closer. Will be interesting to see the email
From Tiffin boys tomorrow.
hellothere

Post by hellothere »

I just had a look at the email from last year!
To be fair they didn’t say he would definitely get a place but they did say

“ As you live in the Inner Priority Area (‘IPA’) and are on or near to the current qualifying score, we would expect to be in a position to offer you a place just after the Easter holidays. If you have not heard from us by then, please contact the Admissions Department.“ !
ksrkuk

Post by ksrkuk »

Just I got an email from Tiffin school, my DS combined score is 98. Not sure he can make it based on the information provided in the email as below

For your information, all applicants have been ranked on their combined score. The lowest combined score currently filling the 180th place is 103 (the initial qualifying score). In the last three years all applicants living within the Inner Priority Area whose scores were within four of the initial qualifying score were offered places at Tiffin School by 1st September; in some years candidates with scores five, six and seven below the initial qualifying score were also offered places.
Wimbles

Post by Wimbles »

Hello again,

Just to update: Tiffin email came and it seems we are within 4 points of standardised score so DS has a decent chance of getting Tiffin before September.

Any experiences of that appreciated.

Also, do I need to accept the place we've been offered to stay on the waiting list? We do have a private school place we are accepting where DS has been offered a scholarship.
Wimbles

Post by Wimbles »

ksrkuk wrote:Just I got an email from Tiffin school, my DS combined score is 98. Not sure he can make it based on the information provided in the email as below

For your information, all applicants have been ranked on their combined score. The lowest combined score currently filling the 180th place is 103 (the initial qualifying score). In the last three years all applicants living within the Inner Priority Area whose scores were within four of the initial qualifying score were offered places at Tiffin School by 1st September; in some years candidates with scores five, six and seven below the initial qualifying score were also offered places.
Are you in the inner priority area?

Our score is 99 so keeping my fingers and toes crossed!
ksrkuk

Post by ksrkuk »

Wimbles wrote:
ksrkuk wrote:Just I got an email from Tiffin school, my DS combined score is 98. Not sure he can make it based on the information provided in the email as below

Are you in the inner priority area?

Our score is 99 so keeping my fingers and toes crossed!
Yes
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now