The Tiffin Girls’ School - 2021 allocations and waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Stroller

The Tiffin Girls’ School - 2021 allocations and waiting list

Post by Stroller »

Please use this thread to post any information and queries relating to The Tiffin Girls’ School - 2021 allocations and waiting list. Congratulations to those who got a place they’re planning to accept.

Good luck to those whose fingers are still crossed. I’ve compiled considerations, information and waiting list data from previous years in this thread - it’s a sticky at the top of the Surrey section.

Sharing specific data here helps everyone: the initial cut-off score, scores that are close to it, waiting list positions and scores when the information becomes available, and eventually offers of a place with notes about the score and the applicant’s original waiting list position. You’re anonymous, go for it!

Update: 14.9.21
britomartis wrote:We accepted a late offer from TGS last week – my DD was #24 on the original waiting list.
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
gv0019

Re: The Tiffin Girls’ School - 2021 allocations and waiting

Post by gv0019 »

Thanks for putting this together, will be watching the space closely as my DD's first pref was TGS, but she has been allotted Nonsuch OOC.
confusedsw

Post by confusedsw »

Hello gv0019,
How do we get to know the waiting list position ,will we get an email from Tiffins.
gv0019

Post by gv0019 »

Yes, an email is expected based on Tiffins website

Tuesday 2 March 2021 - Stage Two test results emailed by the school to parents of girls who have not been offered a higher preference school and are on the waiting list
gv0019

Post by gv0019 »

Hi, an update - just received a call from Tiffins office and they notified that my DD was extremely close to the cutoff and there is a high likelihood that she will be offered a position. They will send an email later today with the details (cutoff, rank etc ), but also suggested to accept the position offered by local authority. So keeping our fingers crossed and waiting for the email to arrive.
WParkMum

Post by WParkMum »

gv0019 wrote:Hi, an update - just received a call from Tiffins office and they notified that my DD was extremely close to the cutoff and there is a high likelihood that she will be offered a position. They will send an email later today with the details (cutoff, rank etc ), but also suggested to accept the position offered by local authority. So keeping our fingers crossed and waiting for the email to arrive.

That's great news! Can I ask what your child's Stage Two Test Mark was please?
gv0019

Post by gv0019 »

Hi, I have now received email from Tiffins. My DD scored 107.1 and Tiffins cut off is 107.2 , I believe DD will be at the top of the wait list so hope that she is offered a place from the school in the next few weeks.
MumDG2021

Post by MumDG2021 »

My DD got a score of 105.1 and one of her friend with the score of 106.3.
Fingers crossed.
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

Thanks to those who have started the discussion. So, we have:

107.2 - this year’s cut-off score
107.1 - gv0019’s DD
106.3 - Friend of MumDG2021’s DD
105.1 - MumDG2021’s DD

confusedsw, did you get a score yet?

WParkMum, do you have a DD who wants to go to TGS?

Anyone else with a score that’s within striking distance of the cut-off?

Has anyone with a TGS offer already decided to go somewhere else? If you’re certain, please decline the unwanted space swiftly so the waiting list can start to move.
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
WParkMum

Post by WParkMum »

We got 105.