STRS New starters

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Future2020

STRS New starters

Post by Future2020 »

Hello thought I’d follow suit and start a thread for those of us with boys going to Tommies :D We can help each other out with any questions!

We received our welcome letter this week, with a questionnaire for DC to fill in with likes and dislikes which was a nice touch.

We also received an email to book in our blazer fitting during the Easter holidays.
Eviewin

Re: STRS New starters

Post by Eviewin »

I’ll come and join you Future! Yes we got our email about uniform fitting and have booked in. The costs are going to stack up somewhat!

Need to get ds to fill in his questionnaire (i laughed when it said he must fill it in on his own without parental influence!), the sections about who he might like to be with or avoid are irrelevant for him as he doesn’t know anyone going as yet.
Future2020

Post by Future2020 »

Hi Eviewin,

Yes, similar DC doesn’t know anyone that’s attending, he seems pretty relaxed about it probably a lot more so than me!

Uniform does seem to add up, especially when you consider footwear too. Do they need trainers and rugby boots or football boots? DC is not sporty so it would just be for Games/PE, I don’t think he would join any clubs! Are you going for all the compulsory items? The swimwear I don’t think DC will be keen on!
Glos18

Post by Glos18 »

They need trainers and rugby boots. No football boots needed. Boys grow so much - the shoe costs really add up!
Future2020

Post by Future2020 »

Glos18 wrote:They need trainers and rugby boots. No football boots needed. Boys grow so much - the shoe costs really add up!
Perfect, Thanks Glos18 that’s helpful.
Eviewin

Post by Eviewin »

Quick question to those in the know - are they ok to wear plain short sleeved shirts all year round? I’m getting confused about the existence of the short sleeve shirts with the crest on for the summer. And if they are allowed, is it common to wear short sleeve?
Glos18

Post by Glos18 »

The crested summer shirts are completely optional. They send out an order form in the spring term, so don't worry about buying a crested shirt before he starts.
starcrazy

Post by starcrazy »

Boys only need crested shirts if they would prefer not to wear a tie in the summer months. Plain short sleeved shirts are fine with a tie.
Eviewin

Post by Eviewin »

Thanks both!
ABA20

Post by ABA20 »

Hi, Just got a confirmation for STR and would like to connect with the STR parents. Well, I am new to Gloucestershire so looking for advice on homes, most probably near to school or short bus route.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now