Slough 122.5

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Rameshvvv

Slough 122.5

Post by Rameshvvv »

Hi
My Daughter scored 122.5 In Slough
but we did not put option in our preference list (Kendrick 114.84 P2 No place been offered)
is any chances if we make new application.
Thanks in advance
mad?

Re: Slough 122.5

Post by mad? »

Which school in Slough? I would have thought that you could make a late application but you should contact the school and your LA and ask what the process is for this.
mad?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Do I understand correctly that your daughter scored 114.84 for Kendrick but wasn't offered a place as you are in the P2 area? And that the score for Slough was 122.5 but you didn't apply for any Slough schools?
As mad? says, you should contact Slough Borough Council for help. You will not be able to appeal as you did not apply in the first place. Where do you live (roughly)? As a piece of advice for any future applications you may make you should always include a school where you are confident your child would gain admission and that you are happy with. Hopefully this is the case.
scary mum
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

scary mum wrote:Do I understand correctly that your daughter scored 114.84 for Kendrick but wasn't offered a place as you are in the P2 area? And that the score for Slough was 122.5 but you didn't apply for any Slough schools?
As mad? says, you should contact Slough Borough Council for help. You will not be able to appeal as you did not apply in the first place. Where do you live (roughly)? As a piece of advice for any future applications you may make you should always include a school where you are confident your child would gain admission and that you are happy with. Hopefully this is the case.

Actually, you can appeal if you are able to add a Slough grammar as a late application and do not get a place, even if you are not advised of this until after the school's/ LA'S deadline for appeals. The deadline is for your appeal to be heard in time for admission in September if successful. Certainly in our area, appeals lodged a little late would normally be heard with the main group if possible (if nothing else, it saves the school's and potential IAP members' time, not to have to set unnecessary extra dates. Obviously, appeals lodged late enough to make the addition of an extra day inevitable would usually have to wait).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Thanks for clarifying, ToadMum.
scary mum
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Historic allocations data for the Slough school is here https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... =10&t=9313" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And that might help you decide whether you have shot at any of them.
Rameshvvv

Post by Rameshvvv »

Thanks for your replies
as we are in Basingstoke (Hampshire county ), still not sure where to start which school needs to apply. is it worth a late application.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Rameshvvv wrote:Thanks for your replies
as we are in Basingstoke (Hampshire county ), still not sure where to start which school needs to apply. is it worth a late application.
Basingstoke to any of the Slough schools is going to be a long one. Are you able to move before your DD would start school in sept?

Look at the historic data I posted the link to as that will tell you have they have allocated places in previous years and whether there’s likelihood of you getting a place now. Also look at the various school admissions on their websites.
Langley I think will be out of the question as they have a tight catchment and you will have needed to be within it prior to taking the test anyway. St Bernard’s has faith criteria which you may or may not meet.