Latymer lowest rank to secure a place 1st March 2021

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
nyr

Re: Latymer lowest rank to secure a place 1st March 2021

Post by nyr »

I have edited out my comment, following a misunderstanding of Claremum's post, as it will cause confusion.
Last edited by nyr on Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stowic

Post by Stowic »

We are in the 320s and have received a waiting list position in the 40s so it's looking pretty unlikely for a place. As you say *Claresmum*, it seems like no-one has been removed. So either all the people from 284-330 put Latymer as their first choice, or the school has just assessed the waiting list based on their applications & the LA will look at the preferences.
Stowic

Post by Stowic »

Also if this was all they were going to do for the waiting list, you'd have to question why it took so long to produce?
rajatj

Post by rajatj »

Exactly my thoughts, Stowic. Btw I queried the school on the next steps and they replied stating that they anticipate the first batch of offers from the waiting list to be released by the end of this week.
finaljourney

Post by finaljourney »

What's happening with Latymer?
Seen movement with Qe and Dao. Why is nothing moving with Latymer? :oops:
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

There will be movement as they are all linked.

It just has not been communicated. DG
rajatj

Post by rajatj »

Can anyone please shed a light that after today's allocations, does the list move any further after this or is today the last realistic chance to get in?

If yes, then is there a 3rd round or is it as and when somebody takes up offer elsewhere?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

The waiting list will continue to move while places are being handed back which can happen right until the first day of the September term.

There is nothing to stop parents holding onto their state school place and a private school place and some do.

But their time of double dipping ends when term begins in September as they can only attend one school.

The last DAO place last year was handed back in the third week in August and HBS WL 28 was offered in the third week of term and there was a QE place that became available in October half term a few years ago. DG
rubythree

Post by rubythree »

I’ve had communication to say WL number 1-19 will shortly receive offers. We are well within that but as of yet have not received a formal offer. They said by the end of the day.
minishah

Post by minishah »

Do you mind me asking if you received an email recently to say WL #'s 1-19 will shortly receive offers? Thank you!