Nonsuch outer catchment scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Menu1980

Nonsuch outer catchment scores

Post by Menu1980 »

Would any of not mind to say if your daughter got a place in Nonsuch with a score underneath 312. As I am trying to find out what score you need to get into Nonsuch from outer catchment.thank you
Hmmm

Re: Nonsuch outer catchment scores

Post by Hmmm »

we are OOC for Nonsuch, my DD's score is 322, she has got her first choice (WHSG), just got an email from Nonsuch saying if we want to change our mind and get a place in Nonsuch, we should put her name on the waiting list. So I assume, her score was high enough to get a place on 1 March.
4Mum4

Post by 4Mum4 »

In case it helps you to work out the boundary on 1 March our DD score of 311 was sufficient OOC for Wallington Girls but not for Nonsuch. We are are v happy with the Wallington offer.
bridge

Post by bridge »

From 2017 when my daughter sat the exams, in the end the OOC will go down to around 280. The IC will go down to around 260. Obviously there are some different factors at play but that should work as a rough guide.
Meredusoleil

Post by Meredusoleil »

That's not quite true actually.

The OOC score for Nonsuch only went to 299 at 1st September 2020. So still a fair bit away from 280!
rocky

Post by rocky »

Best guide is to refer to previous years scores/cut offs. Whilst the spread of marks vary each year overall you can see there's roughly minimum score you have to get to be offered a place. I would say 2020 cut offs are slightly unusual for Nonsuch as they had a bulge year so the cut off was a bit lower than normal. This years cut offs are more likely to be in the range of 2019/2018/2017

http://www.nonsuchschool.org/uploads/as ... scores.pdf

Good luck to everyone!
bridge

Post by bridge »

Yes, that's about right.
gv0019

Post by gv0019 »

my DD scored 335 OOC and got place at Nonsuch, we might not choose as DD is on TGS waitlist ( by 0.1marks ) so hope she gets TGS.
Stanton

Post by Stanton »

I posted this on the Tiffin thread, but thought worth posting here too, hope that's okay:

Anyone else noticed a different trend emerging this year in terms of those girls who applied for both TGS and Nonsuch? I'd heard that, generally speaking, if you live in the outer catchment for TGS but are OOC for Nonsuch, it is more likely that you'd receive an offer from TGS given you are in catchment - or you'd need a much higher score in the Nonsuch test comparatively. This year, I am hearing it is the other way around - girls who put TGS first on the CAF have been offered Nonsuch (and are in the Outer catchment for TGS and OOC for Nonsuch). Any thoughts on this? Or was this rough generalisation wrong to start with? Just wondering if the difference in testing due to Covid has had an effect. Ordinarily, in the area where I live (SW London), there are few girls attending Nonsuch but it seems like this year there will be quite a number going.
Allegras

Post by Allegras »

So someone from Hounslow area(OCC) got into Wallington Girls with 301 from waiting list today. Just to give an update to those who are waiting. There must be movement in the waiting lists since local girls also have been offered place today as well.