Good luck..

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Appeal Mum

Good luck..

Post by Appeal Mum »

Just wanted to wish your hard working children, all the luck in the world today.
I hope that they thoroughly enjoy themselves on what is the start of a new chapter in their lives.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU!

AM
scatshouse

Post by scatshouse »

Thanks AM. I can't believe how fast today has come around! But oh what a difference between girls and boys. Son wouldn't get up and was then running around looking for shin pads and boots and almost went out of the door without his bag. I know for a fact that daughter will have everything sorted tonight and will be up at the crack of dawn for her start tomorrow.

Last night he said he didn't want to get the bus and I thought he was nervous so said I would drop him. I now realise it was just so he could have longer in bed :shock: .

Hope everything goes well for all the girls and boys today.

Scatshouse.
tryingtostaycalm

Post by tryingtostaycalm »

:D
Well the big day has finally arrived! R trotted off like a pack horse, excited and nervous in equal measure. He looked so smart and quite grown up until we got outside WGSB and most of the other boys looked huge!

I admit to having shed a few tears (but not in front of him!). My last "baby" in high school.

I hope today is the start of a great adventure and great success for all your DD's and DS's. Best of luck for the future.
mumster

Post by mumster »

Good luck to all who have worked so hard for this day.

I've sat this morning looking at the clock ... "Wonder what she's doing now!" ... "She should be on a break now" ... "Think it's lunchtime now - hope she's not spending too much money and eating junk!!!!!!!!!!!"

DD's thoroughly looked forward to going to Wirral Girls but like so many was apprehensive this morning, though to look at her she was cool and composed (unlike her dad and I). It just seemed like going back to nursery - she seems to be tiny compared to the big kids (in fact she's nearly the same size as me) and I wanted to take her in myself and sit at her desk but I'm sure she wouldn't appreciate that one lol.

Must admit I did get a tad upset last night - she's my baby and still playing with her bratz dolls - wonder how long that one will last?

Hope all have enjoyed their first day - thank god it's over!

:shock:
NotionPotion

Post by NotionPotion »

Hope it went well for all our children.
DD said she enjoyed her 1st day at Wirral Grammar. She was a bit apprehensive when it came to going in but it went ok.
She thought lunchtime was a bit crazy-so busy balancing trays, getting in the right queue, getting a seat etc. but hopefully she'll get used to it!
All in all though she chatted away about the details of the day. (hasn't quite turned into a grunting teenager yet)-well not today anyway. Tomorrow is another day!
I was a bit like you Mumster and was thinking about her all the time. I was in work today though so that helped a bit. Couldn't wait to see her though!
Hope it continues to be good for everyone. This time last year we were all stressed out over the 11 plus so we've come a long way!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now