Travel to Westcliff/Southend schools for girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Pippin

Travel to Westcliff/Southend schools for girls

Post by Pippin »

My daughter will be taking her 11+ in November but one of my concerns is how she will be able to travel. We live in Langdon Hills and I thought that there would be a bus route from Laindon station to the schools but cannot seem to find anything regarding this. I have also looked at the CSSE website but again there is not a route. I would be grateful if anyone travelling from this area would let me know how they get to the school. I do know that some children travel by train but I am not sure this would be appropriate for an 11 year old. I would appreciate any comments. Many thanks.
dinah

Post by dinah »

I know some pupils who travel from Basildon to Westcliff by train (two started ths September) and they seem fine. There are lots of pupils who get on that train at various points and they are all getting of at the same point and walking up to the school more or less together so don't worry
moved

Post by moved »

We are going the other way. From Southend to Chelmsford. My son was worried beforehand, but now confidently travels each day.
Joanne

Post by Joanne »

My daughter gets a bus from Benfleet station to WHSG. If your daughter needs to travel by train then SHSG would probably be a better choice as you can walk from the station to the school, lots of girls do this. WHSG is not really near the station although i am aware that some children walk from the station(chalkwell I think) to the school, but it takes about 25 minutes!! Are there no direct bus routes from laindon to Westcliff then? :shock:

Just found out that there is a bus from Basildon bus station that runs to WHSG number 825 first group leaves at 7am gets there at 8.19am then picks up at WHSG at 1555 gets back to Basildon bus station at 17.00
Your child would just have to get to Basildon from Laindon in the morning, would that be an option!? hope this helps.
Another worried Mum

Travel from Laindon

Post by Another worried Mum »

I think that you should give the Consortium office a call. Our DD started at WHSG this September, and when we received the transport information from the CSSE, this included details of a coach operated by Amber Coaches from Laindon to WHSG (and WHSB). The first pick up is listed at Laindon Station, but it also calls at Great Knightleys, Castlemayne and Clay Hill Road before going to Westcliff via Pitsea and Tarpots.

Hope this helps :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now