Uniforms

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
2Socks

Uniforms

Post by 2Socks »

Daft question, but I am wondering when people suggest buying uniform.
Someone mentioned that she's started buying the essentials because apparently you can exchange at Monkhouse until September if you buy now. It feels a bit early, but I don't want to be panicking, and with the potential to exchange it does make some sense! If the schools change part of the uniform when do they normally let parents know? DRHS have sent us a uniform list, so I assume they're not changing anything... but my parents got caught out when I started secondary.
Polgara_Glos

Re: Uniforms

Post by Polgara_Glos »

I think Ribston has just changed to a one arm length blouse so that maybe a guide... when I was at school they changed part of the uniform and the new one was brought in gradually.

We are booked in, in June, for fitting. I didn't want to leave it till August in case things needed ordering in but all the weekend July slots were booked!
cazien

Post by cazien »

If the school has sent you a uniform list, go by that :D. May also help to spread the cost with all the stationery/bags etc to purchase.

If you have to get uniforms from Monkhouse, my experience (and many others!) in the last year has been awful - we were told to expect a 9week wait!!! I decided to cancel my order, and use a tailor to alter DD's skirts. I'd recommend ordering from them now, especially as it is chaotic in the store towards the middle/end of August as the store is small and they provide uniforms for most infant/junior and secondary schools in Gloucester.

We had notification Ribston are changing blouses to 3/4 length sleeve, but when they changed the blouses last time from gold to pinstripes, it was a phased approach (like Polgara_Glos said).
Thumper2021

Post by Thumper2021 »

The Ribston blouses and also the pe kit has changed. They won’t have the new stuff until July and there will be a long wait apparently!
2Socks

Post by 2Socks »

Ok, it sounds like we should make a start then! DD will enjoy it, even if my bank balance won't!
starcrazy

Post by starcrazy »

We’ve got an appointment during half term as I’ve heard a lot of stories about the supply issues last year. I figure we can get the blazer and wait for new blouses and PE kit (Ribston.)
My biggest concern is that she’ll grow a lot between now and September so despite being organised, might still have to visit the Monkhouse shop in August to exchange. Not sure how to get around that! I need one of the lovely ladies from STRS to measure her, they seem to get it spot on every time despite having to order in March for the following September :lol:
Mumof3dragons

Post by Mumof3dragons »

Batemans booking system is now showing appointments up until first few days of August. Think they are for SHS as well as Marling. Booked in for Saturday after end of term by which time we will hopefully know which house DS1 is in.
SwimmingUpstream

Post by SwimmingUpstream »

2Socks- I don’t know if you’ve seen but Monkhouse won’t let you buy the DRHS PE kit in store because the school is changing it. But it’s still available online, with no indication that anything is changing. Apparently they hope to have it on the website later this month, and said we’ll have to come back in July to get it.
2Socks

Post by 2Socks »

SwimmingUpstream - thanks for letting me know! I have booked an appointment, but it sounds as though it may be a bit early - hopefully though the sizes will be consistent so we can order the new PE kit when it's available online (and fingers crossed it will arrive in time, given what people have said!)
SwimmingUpstream

Post by SwimmingUpstream »

I asked about trying something on so we could order without having to arrange another appointment, but they said they don’t even know what manufacturer it will be so we couldn’t try anything.
Hopefully you’ll have timed your appointment right!