Covid and 11+

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
eleven

Covid and 11+

Post by eleven »

Good afternoon, just wondering how the pandemic has impacted eleven plus preparations and results. Are there any valid statistics out there on how the lockdown, home schooling etc might have affected the last results and preparations for this year’s exam.

Sorry if this topic has already been discussed at length and I may have missed it. Happy for anyone to direct me to the thread.
scary mum

Re: Covid and 11+

Post by scary mum »

I'm not aware of any data, which I think would be very difficult to collect.
I don't think you would see any overall difference as most 11 plus providers standardise the results, so you might see a lower raw score but the standardised scores would have the same spread.
I imagine there is a huge range of experiences as well - from those who were drilled for the 11 us throughout lockdown to those who had not home schooling at all.
scary mum
eleven

Re: Covid and 11+

Post by eleven »

scary mum wrote:I'm not aware of any data, which I think would be very difficult to collect.
I don't think you would see any overall difference as most 11 plus providers standardise the results, so you might see a lower raw score but the standardised scores would have the same spread.
I imagine there is a huge range of experiences as well - from those who were drilled for the 11 us throughout lockdown to those who had not home schooling at all.

Thanks for your response.