summer hols prep

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

elevenplusforum78

summer hols prep

Post by elevenplusforum78 »

Hi all,

My DC started doing past papers last nov so Im now concerned she's got past paper fatigue. What do you think is the best method for preparing over the summer holidays without wearing them out? the last thing I want is a drained child on the day of the test.

a friend is doing 25 questions every day or thereabouts, but I think this would be too demanding. after all, they need a break over the summer ! Im just finding it really hard to know if im pushing too much as my dc is amenable to doing the work most days, but she doesn't always know what's best for her.

Also, for maths do you think going over the trickiest questions is the best method or does this skew the whole thing and leave her unprepared for the easiest questions ? Any advice is much welcomed.
PerpetualStudent

Re: summer hols prep

Post by PerpetualStudent »

Hi,

I would say that taking a couple of weeks of holiday would be refreshing. You can still read books, do crosswords and do puzzles while on holiday. It really helps getting over past paper fatigue to have a real break ( and after this year the DC have earned it).
After a proper rest you could look at exam techniques: improving speed, avoiding leaving gaps, coping with distractions etc.

HTH
PS
elevenplusforum78

Re: summer hols prep

Post by elevenplusforum78 »

I would agree with you. Thanks for your advice.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now