answer sheet format

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mwantling

answer sheet format

Post by mwantling »

does anybody know if the answer sheet format for both papers are the same ?I have heard that one of the papers is different from the four practice papers and the layout seems to cause confusion. Please can anyone help? Thanks
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Hi and welcome!

I think this link from last year will explain the difference in the 2 answer sheets-but whether they stick to this for 2009 who knows???

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... php?t=2826

Hope this will help!

GM
proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

Hi, My DD sat the test last year and she expected both papers to have the same answer format, but they were different.

I will ask her tomorrow if she can remember anything more and post again.

proud Mum x2
mwantling

Answer sheet format

Post by mwantling »

Hi thanks for the help in trying to sort out the problem with the different answer sheets. I really do believe that this can affect a child's score. A friend's daughter realised that she had entered a row of answers incorrectly due to the confusion of an unfamiliar format. Thankfully she had time to spare at the end of the test and did well. Does anyone know if there's an actual example of the layout anywhere ? I haven't seen one in any of the shops ! Thanks
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Hi there,
The NFER papers obviously show one style-I don't know of a paper that shows the other.I think that if your child is aware of the differing styles then they will cope fine-the problem comes when it is a shock on the day!

GM
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

Hi there mwantling and welcome to the mad house!

Have asked my DS who sat the test last year and he said both answer sheets were in the same format , so hopefully there shouldn't be a problem. He said the format was the same as in the practice papers. It could be the difference was so minimal that he didn't notice.
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;51;459/st/20080902/e/DS%27s+1st+day+at+senior/k/f5bf/event.png[/img]

PS I am Burneth and I am a lady....!
Orson

Post by Orson »

Last Nov. a number of my pupils informed me that the format on the 2 answer sheets was different. I've no reason to believe they're all mistaken.
I found it difficult, however, to ascertain exactly how they differed.
All felt the difference wasn't drastic enough to affect their performance. That doesn't mean it might not affect other children, of course.
It's difficult to know if we can find an example of the 'other format' anywhere as we don't know what it's like and, therefore, wouldn't recognise it if we were to come across it! :roll:

Orson
proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

My DD said the same, unfortunately, once the test is over, for some reason they are reluctant to discuss it. (can't imagine why!)

But my DD did say that it didn't bother her that much, it would have just been better if she'd have known that the papers could be in a different format.
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

From memory from last year I will try and explain how they differ!!

First paper-answer sheet had 5 different answers on it and correct answer had to be marked next to it
Second paper-answers were on the QUESTION sheet in A B C D E F style and the answer sheet had A B C D E F on it to be annotated accordingly.

Reading that back it doesn't make perfet sense but I know what I'm trying to get at.The main difference is that one paper requires an answer to be selected on the answer paper and the other requires either A B C D E F(with the corresponding answers on the QUESTION paper).

Hope this makes a bit of sense!

GM
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

Perhaps that's why my DS said they were in the same format..meaning the look of them both were the same, it was just a difference in the actual answers being on the first answer sheet, with more of a multiple choice type format on the second answer sheet. You are right Gloucestermum, very hard to explain but I understand what you are saying!

From memory the children do get chance to "practice" both types on the morning of the tests so they can become familar and to check they understand how to do them.
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;51;459/st/20080902/e/DS%27s+1st+day+at+senior/k/f5bf/event.png[/img]

PS I am Burneth and I am a lady....!