Verbal reasoning - question types

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

silverflora

Verbal reasoning - question types

Post by silverflora »

I would be REALLY grateful for some help!

My dd is taking the 11+ this November and reading your forums I realise we are woefully unprepared.

You mention the different techniques used for different type questions - e.g. Type E questions etc.?

How can I find out what these typers of questions are ( looking at any of the VR books, no letter question types are given ) and also - any tips and techniques would be really appreciated.

I thought I was doing what I had to when I got my dd a tutor - but she has NEVER done any "English" VR work with my daughter and never explained about types and techniques. Help!

Thanks you
Silverflora
Y

Post by Y »

The letter types refer to the IPS materials. There is a conversion chart in the sticky at the top of this 'VERBAL REASONING' section for converting IPS letters to Tutors numbers. Then, if you look in the free downloads section, you will find a method and technique guide from the tutors. IPS also do such a guide. You do, however, need to be sure of the format of the tests your dd will be taking. Post in the section for the area she is taking the tests for.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now