Online Resources for Maths

11 Plus Maths – Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
lediluc

Online Resources for Maths

Post by lediluc »

My daughter is revising for her 11+ exams and doesn't stay too focused when doing practice questions from the book (I'm sure a few of you relate!). Are there any online resources that are educational for children whilst keeping them engaged? For instance, she spends a large majority of her entertainment time on YouTube, are there any channels in particular that could perhaps inspire her to work or are aimed towards 11+ maths development? Or perhaps apps that she can use when she is stuck on a question? I have heard from another mother about apps that provide question help when they are stuck, and have come across ones like EasyA but not sure if they are good, I will have to try it out myself first. Any advice would be helpful!
KaB£H1s3

Re: Online Resources for Maths

Post by KaB£H1s3 »

Khan academy on YouTube combined with their own website offers a YouTube based learning programme. It is not 11+ focused. You will need to pick the topics to study and the order yourself.
PerpetualStudent

Post by PerpetualStudent »

Have you had a look on the sticky at the top of this Maths forum? Not all of the suggestions are going to be video based but may still be useful.
If you’re using Khan academy you may need to check the method taught is the same as the UK curriculum. KA is great in many ways but some of the methods taught, for things as basic as subtraction, can be very different to the methods taught in the UK and there is a risk of confusion.
Guest55, this forum’s resident maths teacher, used to post quite frequently on NOT using Khan academy because the US and UK teach maths differently.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Try mathplayground.com (compatible with tablets) lots of fun maths games and some logic ones too.

I used it a lot with my year 5 and 6 maths groups. They loved it.

You don’t need to subscribe.