Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Daogroupie

QE Boys date allocations coming through by email now

Post by Daogroupie »

As promised , two dates 15th and 16th Sept DG
dhanepud

Re: QE Boys date allocations coming through by email now

Post by dhanepud »

Is it bit unfair for boys sitting on 15 Sep? Those sitting on 16 will have some chance of getting some info from boys/parents sitting on 15?

I know it is still better than over 4 days like last year with weekend in between.. and also the fact that what can we do ! But still feels unfair :-(
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Indeed a lot better than last year with a total of 6 days between the first sitting and the last sitting, plus an even later sitting for those who were isolating.

But this has been going on for years and Latymer is going to have 11 days between the first and last sitting this year.

Back to QE, how many of those on the 15th are silly enough to scupper their own chances by telling key details to those on the 16th? DG
Pl1688

Post by Pl1688 »

Based on the anonymized results for each individual day of last year's results (search whatdotheyknow website), the highest scores were scored by those sitting the first date (17th). If details of the test were leaked, it would be most advantageous on the English comprehension especially with the surprise passage thrown in last year's exam and increase in number of questions. However, of the 5 max 141 scored in English, 3 were from 17th, 1 on 18th and 1 on 22nd.

I'm sure someone has done a fully statistical analysis on the results. From my non statistical cursory look, it doesn't appear that those sitting after first test date scored higher (in fact, average scores were lower).
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now