Any news from Denmark regarding exam arrangements?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Hani13

Any news from Denmark regarding exam arrangements?

Post by Hani13 »

Hi,
Has any of you received any detailed information about exam arrangements from Denmark School yet. My DD's exam centre is Denmark. We haven't received anything rill date.
Lysander

Re: Any news from Denmark regarding exam arrangements?

Post by Lysander »

Us neither! Glad we’re not alone.
2Socks

Post by 2Socks »

I'm not awaiting anything, but just to say I'd give them a call / email. Although students aren't in today the staff have an inset day and we've had a couple of emails over the past few days, so you should be able to get a response. I think they were about the last school to send out the letters last year, and I think they're one of the later schools to start term, so it may be that it's in the post, but with only just over a week to go, I would check with them directly in case it's lost in the post.
LibbyRose

Post by LibbyRose »

Hi,

We received info in the post this morning. Hope you have too.
Hani13

Post by Hani13 »

We received it too. Finally!
Lysander

Post by Lysander »

Not got ours yet: hope it’s in the post on Monday.
Lysander

Post by Lysander »

Still not got it. Phoned the school and got a terse response. Perhaps they have had a number of phone calls about this. But apparently the letters were sent out First Class on Friday evening, so we should get them today.

Frankly this all feels a bit too down-to-the-wire and I’m becoming less keen on DRHS.
Brackenboo

Post by Brackenboo »

How frustrating. Make sure you've got a photo for the form ready. Hope it comes today
Lysander

Post by Lysander »

What’s needed? Is it a passport photo? I can take dd to get that after school if so. It’s disconcerting not to be able to tell dd when she’s doing the test. I can’t help worrying that our application has been lost entirely. I couldn’t bear 6 more months of prep for a late test.

But we registered within about half an hour of the applications opening in May so it shouldn’t come to that!
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

I would imagine it’s not the post being late (we’ve had issues with post) but the terse and seemingly unhelpful response. They could have at least told you your slot and made generic declaration doc available on website.

You do need a photo, to prove your daughter is who you say she is. A bit odd, there can’t be many instances of fraud surely? :o I used one i printed off a colour printer.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now