How is everyone?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

LibbyRose

How is everyone?

Post by LibbyRose »

How is everyone? Wishing you all luck for Saturday. I'm all over the place. My daughter didn't want to be tutored, so like with our son we have tutored her ourselves. She is very different to him though, and has struggled a bit. Still, we hold onto some hope, whilst remembering it won't be the end of the world if she doesn't pass. I think it's more hoping she does, because she is clever and has tried, and has come this far. We'll be glad when Saturday is over and results are in. All the best everyone.
Brackenboo

Re: How is everyone?

Post by Brackenboo »

We've home tutored as well. There is so much luck with how it goes on the day. Keeping fingers crossed it all goes smoothly. My DS can some with anxiety and very much has a flight tendency. Hoping seeing some familiar faces of classmates will help him.
Either way if we end up opting for the local school I know he will do well and he will be happy with a shorter day and going to the same school as his friends
LibbyRose

Post by LibbyRose »

My DD can be quite anxious too. A shorter day and being with friends is a definite positive to going to the local school. For us there isn't much difference in distance, in fact the grammar school she'd like to go to would be easier to get to. However, from experience of my son going to grammar school she'd have more friends locally. It's good to see the pros and cons for both situations. Hope all goes well for your son.
Choppy

Post by Choppy »

Another one with a daughter who didn't want to be tutored. We had a go at home tutoring, but have let it slide now. Totally run out of steam and motivation. Boy, this week is really dragging now. Planning lots of nice, slobby treats for Saturday afternoon/evening to celebrate. Good luck, everyone, and well done to us all for holding our nerve thus far!
LibbyRose

Post by LibbyRose »

It really is dragging isn't it. Yes, celebrating it being over is a good idea!
Cloverly

Post by Cloverly »

I have also been tutoring my daughter at home. She’s practised with the Bond books and during summer has also done a few mock tests purchased online, with varying results. You’re right LibbyRose, this week seems to have passed by so slowly, I’m certainly more nervous than she is. I keep reminding myself that the local comp isn’t that bad, and what will be will be!
LibbyRose

Post by LibbyRose »

We've been using the Bond books too. Yes what will be will be. I think it's just hoping the hard work has paid off. However, it really isn't the end of the world if not.
Choppy

Post by Choppy »

One sleep to go. Tick, tock, tick, tock....
Losing my marbles and using chocolate (lots of it...many, many bars) to self-medicate. Daughter seems oblivious to my rapid descent into madness, thankfully!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Choppy wrote:One sleep to go. Tick, tock, tick, tock....
Losing my marbles and using chocolate (lots of it...many, many bars) to self-medicate. Daughter seems oblivious to my rapid descent into madness, thankfully!
Wwll you know what they say: "when the going gets tough, the tough eat chocolate"
LibbyRose

Post by LibbyRose »

Chocolate is definitely the way to go! Slowly losing my marbles too!