St Michael's Catholic grammar English exam

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

newbieCath

St Michael's Catholic grammar English exam

Post by newbieCath »

Hello,
I wonder if anyone has experience of the English part of the exam at St Michael's catholic grammar. My understanding is that it has been 2 pieces of writing eg creative and persuasive perhaps or one creative piece plus a open answer comprehension. Does that sound correct. Does anyone know what it was last year? Thanks
Learner2018

Re: St Michael's Catholic grammar English exam

Post by Learner2018 »

Hi,
My DD did the test 2 years ago and there were 2 pieces of creative writing.
I heard that last year’s was similar. However, in the past there has been a mixture of comprehension and a piece of creative writing. Therefore, is best to be prepared for different scenarios as the school can change the test anytime.

Best of luck to your DD in the test.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Newbiecath,

According to your posts your own dd did the exam 2 years ago so you are in a position to give advice to others rather than vice versa.

DG
newbieCath

Post by newbieCath »

Yes my daughter did do the exam 2 years ago but I was wondering if things have changed this year.
I know St Michael's uses GL but what about the English part? 2 years ago they had a written English paper, 2 stories to write. Does anyone know what the English was like last year? Some websites say it is GL English paper but I don't think this is accurate. Anyone know please?
Thank you
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Last year there was no comprehension but two pieces of writing. DG
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now