Best of Luck Today!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
charlotteb33

Best of Luck Today!

Post by charlotteb33 »

Very best of luck to everyone sitting the exam today. My son did the morning exam at Crypt with all the reasonable adjustments requested which was fantastic.
He said he completed one test fully, but was about 11 questions from finishing the other, how normal is that? This will be my first and only time going through this so I thought I'd ask some seasoned veterans!

Charlotte
Ginger40

Re: Best of Luck Today!

Post by Ginger40 »

I don’t know of many who manage to complete all questions in the CEM test. Accuracy is also very important so if not all questions are completed but the majority and accuracy is good the student will still do well
Brackenboo

Post by Brackenboo »

My son said he didn't finish one section. He changed his mind on a few, so just hoping he rubbed it out enough. Now just the wait to cope with, but very glad the test is over
Stroud101

Post by Stroud101 »

Ginger40 wrote:I don’t know of many who manage to complete all questions in the CEM test. Accuracy is also very important so if not all questions are completed but the majority and accuracy is good the student will still do well
Is that the case? DS's tutor emphasised making sure you answer as many as possible, even if you were having to guess, as you could pick up extra marks. An uncompleted question would just be marked incorrect wouldn't it?
Billyboyrum

Post by Billyboyrum »

My son said he didn't finish a single section without guessing the last few, so I'm really not optimistic. I'm gutted, he just doesn't fit with the kids locally, I wanted him to go and meet some more like minded kids. I'm just going to have to hope for the best :|
Brackenboo

Post by Brackenboo »

My son used the one minute warning to add guesses. It's hard to know if spending that minute doing a couple right would have been better than guessing.

It's hard to not over analyze, but our plan for the next few weeks is to visit the local schools and hopefully we will have the results before Crypts open day that's mid-October
Polgara_Glos

Post by Polgara_Glos »

It’s perfectly normal not to finish, they need to separate out everyone and enough questions, too many for most will do that but it is good practice to use the warning to fill in guesses. My DD didn’t finish anything and secured good rankings at the schools she wanted. Afternoon worked well for us but we had to be there for 12pm I thin so no real dragging of the day.

Just a friendly note that the paper is used in the test for those poorly in 2 weeks (and the late test in March i think?) so make sure not to mention or for your children to mention any detail of the content.

I remember someone on here being hassled about content as their child came out before the afternoon session!

Well done to all your children and you as parents. They have done amazingly whatever their result.
LibbyRose

Post by LibbyRose »

Thank you. Hope things went as well as poss for everyone. My daughter didn't finish all the questions and took many guesses. Time will tell. My son didn't finish questions either and thought he definitely didn't do well, but got into the school he wanted.
Choppy

Post by Choppy »

Loads of guesses here too. Didn't complete sections. Same old story! *Billyboyrum*, I hear you. My daughter also doesn't fit in (in a lovely way - kind-hearted, inclusive, nerdy...) and that's the reason we're aiming for a grammar - to increase her chances of finding her tribe of other sweet nerds. Will keep fingers crossed for you.
Billyboyrum

Post by Billyboyrum »

Choppy wrote:Loads of guesses here too. Didn't complete sections. Same old story! *Billyboyrum*, I hear you. My daughter also doesn't fit in (in a lovely way - kind-hearted, inclusive, nerdy...) and that's the reason we're aiming for a grammar - to increase her chances of finding her tribe of other sweet nerds. Will keep fingers crossed for you.
this is exactly my son! We're hoping crypt as he tends to get on best with girls, he's not rough and tumble, and isn't interested in breaking the rules
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now