When do the results come out?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Lysander

When do the results come out?

Post by Lysander »

Any news from the schools when we’ll hear the results? And does anyone know if it’s before the 31 October deadline for secondary applications? I’m hoping we won’t have to do our applications without knowing the results, like last year’s cohort.
LibbyRose

Re: When do the results come out?

Post by LibbyRose »

I've been wondering this also. I think they're hoping to get results out before the 31st, from what I've read. I'm wondering if we will get some notice of when it will be, or just a surprise email with the result.
Brackenboo

Post by Brackenboo »

When we went through this before they came out around the 10th of October from memory so you had a few weeks to make the decision. I think her test was a couple of days later in the month, maybe the 14th?
YankBritmum

Post by YankBritmum »

I wondered this and looked back when elder DD sat it a few years back, and results that year were emails on Fri 12th October. Here's hoping maybe Fri 9th or Fri 15th, if they are reverting back to 'normal world.'

We were at Crypt for a tour this week and the Head was very hopeful that everyone this year would get their results before completing the CAF.

As the answer sheets are marked by a computer, then one would hope a 'Covid delay' couldn't obstruct that part of the process!!

We are on the afternoon test sitting, these hours are really starting to drag.........
BusyandConfused!

Post by BusyandConfused! »

There should be no reason why the results aren't out well before the CAF deadline. Yes there's the medical later exam on the 20th, but there is always one of those.

Last year the exam was only 2 weeks before the CAF deadline, so that's why the results were later.

My 2 eldest did the exam in 2018 and 2019, and in both years the results were out the 4th Friday after the exam. So I'm working on the same basis this year - which would be the 8th Oct. That would then give the schools 2 weeks before half term to have their Open Days for successful candidates. I might be being Optimistic...... but Fingers crossed!
cazien

Post by cazien »

Crypt website states on FAQ's:-

"When will I get the results?

The results will be available by the middle of October, in good time for you to be able to complete the Local Authority’s Common Application Form (CAF)"

And their list of dates:-

Entrance Test Saturday, 11th September, 2021*
Results Middle of October 2021*
Local Authority CAF deadline - 31st October, 2021
Local Authority Allocation Day - 1st March, 2022
Local Authority acceptance of place OR request to be put on waiting list deadline - 8th March, 2022
Local Authority notified parents with outcome of their waiting list request - After 29th March 2022

*Subject to government restrictions in place at the time"

Good luck to you all.
2Socks

Post by 2Socks »

Hope it all went well yesterday. Try to take no notice of whether they think it went well or badly... I know a few last year who thought it was easy and didn't qualify, mine thought she'd fluffed it and did really well and I know of others that were seemed to have a good understanding of how well they did. In other words, the kids are all over the place with their self-assessments.

I think it was 6.5 weeks for the results to come out last year. I doubt it will take that long this year even if Covid worsens, so even if it takes that long you will still have a week to think about the CAF once results are known. Hopefully you can get to see the schools before submitting!
Legofan

Post by Legofan »

The results came out on Wednesday 11th 2017 and Friday 11th in 2019 when the tests were 16th and 14th respectively
HappyPapaPig

Post by HappyPapaPig »

We received the test result for my DS on 12/10/2018 (Friday). Hopefully the test result of this year will come out at similar time.
Carrie4

Post by Carrie4 »

Not sure if you've received an answer to your question on other posts within this forum - the results will be out on 14th Oct afternoon. Good Luck!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now