How many questions need to be correct to get STTS of 121?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

2021EnTrY

How many questions need to be correct to get STTS of 121?

Post by 2021EnTrY »

I need some help, from where I can get this information for the 2020 and 2021 entries?

Raw Score Total
Average Raw Score
Standard Deviation
I need this information for Comprehension, VR, Maths & NVR.

Can someone please also confirm the number of total questions for each subject for 2020, 2021, and 2022 entries remains the same?

Thanks in advance.
Louey

Re: How many questions need to be correct to get STTS of 121

Post by Louey »

I don't think that information is publicly available - at least I've never seen it. The only thing I've seen is the range of standardised scores for each year (in graph form). I'm sure someone else will correct me if I'm wrong.

This is the link to the data that is published https://www.thebucksgrammarschools.org/test-data
2021EnTrY

Post by 2021EnTrY »

Louey wrote:I don't think that information is publicly available - at least I've never seen it. The only thing I've seen is the range of standardised scores for each year (in graph form). I'm sure someone else will correct me if I'm wrong.

This is the link to the data that is published https://www.thebucksgrammarschools.org/test-data
Thanks, Louey for your reply.

I have searched the forum and was unable to find the information.

Please if some one can explain what happens if the mean/ average raw score goes high this year?
What will be the overall effect on the STTS scores?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

The standardised scores are adjusted to achieve the same percentage of pupils scoring 121+ each year. In other words, the standardisation is there to ensure that if the exam is slightly harder or easier than the previous year, the same percentage of pupils achieve the qualifying mark.
scary mum
2021EnTrY

Post by 2021EnTrY »

Thanks Scary Mum for your reply.

Any idea how the result will be delivered to children? Its through email or they will be handed out letters on the result day.

Kindly if someone can share which formation is included in the email/ letter ( for eg raw score, standardised score, the individual score for comprehension, VR, NVR, Maths etc)

Also is there a procedure or a way to get the raw score of the child and get the paper remarked in case the result is not as expected.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Are you in county or out of county? It will say on the Bucks council site how you get the results, so check there.
You can pay to have it re-marked but as they are marked by machine it is very unlikely to change. I don't believe you can obtain the raw scores.
Others who have had results in recent years will be able to tell you the format.
scary mum
2020D2022S

Post by 2020D2022S »

as an Out of County candidate, the result was posted to us, to arrive on the same day as results released to In-County candidates. It was just one number - the score. (eg 121).
“Sometimes I remain silent. Sometimes I don't. I don't know which I enjoy more”.(lifted)
2021EnTrY

Post by 2021EnTrY »

Thanks, Scary Mum & 2020D2022S

We are in Bucks County,

Here is what I found on the website and I am still not clear actually more confused after reading that

11. Secondary Transfer Test results
The result of the testing process decides which type of school will best meet your child's needs. This could be an upper/all-ability school or a grammar school.

Receiving the results
Date test was taken Results received
By 9 September 2021 15 October 2021
After 9 September 2021 Will be sent as soon as possible after 15 October 2021

These dates are the same regardless of if your child goes to a Buckinghamshire local authority, partner or any other school, including out of county.
What the results mean

On 15 October you will receive your child's Test results.

You will receive your child's Secondary Transfer Test Score (STTS). It will also tell you what your child scored in the verbal, mathematical and non-verbal sections of the test. It will say whether the STTS qualifies your child for grammar school admission.

If your child's STTS is 121 or more, they have qualified for grammar school. This means that we will do our best to offer your child a place at one of your preferred grammar schools on 1 March 2022.

If your child's STTS is less than 121, they have not qualified for grammar school.

The text I have underlined is
You will receive your child's Secondary Transfer Test Score (STTS). It will also tell you what your child scored in the verbal, mathematical and non-verbal sections of the test.

Please can someone explain what that line means? We will receive overall STTS, a raw score of Comprehension , VR, Maths and NVR or it will be the standardized score for all the subjects?

It's not mentioned whether it will be through email or letter will be handed over to the children at the end of the day.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

It's always been a letter handed out at the end of the day at Bucks schools. I'm not up to date enough to know if that has changed though, but I suspect not.
ETA last year it was by email after 5pm, so I presume it will be the same this year.
If you look at last year's results thread you will find lots of information.
scary mum
patricia

Post by patricia »

2021EnTrY wrote:It's not mentioned whether it will be through email or letter will be handed over to the children at the end of the day.
From the Parents Presentation given by Bucks Schools
• If your child attends a Buckinghamshire primary school we have asked the headteacher to provide us with your email so we can send the results by email direct to you.
• The email will be sent from 4pm.
• If your child attends a Partner school or has sat the test at a grammar school test centre then we will send the result to the email you used to register for the test.
2021EnTrY wrote:Also is there a procedure or a way to get the raw score of the child and get the paper remarked in case the result is not as expected.
See the following link regarding remarks

https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/services/edu ... sfer-test/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Patricia
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now