Tiffin Girls 2021 stage 1- sitting info/test expectations

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
telus

Tiffin Girls 2021 stage 1- sitting info/test expectations

Post by telus »

Dear all,
Firstly, thanks to all that contribute to such a helpful forum. The insight is invaluable. I have read all the documentation on the school website, but I still have some questions:

1. Has anyone been informed of the specific time on 30th Sept / 1st October of their DD's sitting?
2. We know that time is a factor for our DD. Any view on the typical number of questions / time allotted to each of the English and Maths MC papers?
3. In reality, should the Maths MC paper be better described as 'computer read' since its seems that questions may not have discrete choices, instead numerical answers are marked on an answer paper that can be read by a computer?
Thanks in advance to all responses
telus

Re: Tiffin Girls 2021 stage 1- sitting info/test expectation

Post by telus »

Re Q1: we've now got date confirmed as 1st October with exact time to be received in a weeks time.
Still interested in answers to Q2 and Q3 if anyone has any views?
Thanks in advance
no_stress

Post by no_stress »

Hi @telus how do you know it's Oct 1st? Did you receive an email from the school? We didn't receive anything.
telus

Post by telus »

no_stress wrote:Hi @telus how do you know it's Oct 1st? Did you receive an email from the school? We didn't receive anything.
Yes, from same email address that confirmed receipt of SIF form.
no_stress

Post by no_stress »

Just found out they did not receive our SIF form and my daughter is not allowed to sit the Tiffin test, what a disaster. I am sure I sent it long ago. I was always checking my emails for a confirmation but thought they would send an email only a week before the test. I kept wondering why they didn't confirm receipt but thought I would hear closer to the exam. Just awful news, it was our top choice.
Samurai

Post by Samurai »

Thats awful to hear. They had sent 2 reminders for non receipt of SIF and on the 2nd reminder I had mailed them back asking why they are sending reminders as I posted it weeks back. They replied it was not received by them and advised using tracked delivery . I did a second SIF with tracked delivery which went fine. It later dawned on me that for my first SIF I had used a single 1st class stamp but envelope I used had different dimension than regular envelope so maybe lost in post. Last date was 1st Sep so is there no way they can accept a late SIF for you ? Did you receive the reminders from them ?
no_stress

Post by no_stress »

wow, I did not receive a single reminder!!! That's why I assumed they had received it. This is unbelievable. I have replied begging them for mercy but not received a reply. Will try again tomorrow.
Samurai

Post by Samurai »

Hope it goes well for you. Did you check junk/spam folder? Depending on when you registered- within a week or two they sent an email "Courtesy SIF reminder ...
from admissions@tiffingirls.org

Within 2 weeks they sent another email titled " "Second reminder... from same email ID. Text posted below

Dear Parent

We emailed a reminder that you have not posted back the hard copy of the online registration form you received from noreplyadmissions@tiffingirls.org two weeks ago (repeated below). We have still not received it in the post.

Please either post it back to us or let us know if we can withdraw the online entry you registered for your child.

Check your junk folder for the email from noreplyadmissions@tiffingirls.org
no_stress

Post by no_stress »

Thanks for posting this. I checked my spam filter / junk mail diligently every day during the past months because we were waiting for the email from Tiffin, I am 100% sure we were not sent any reminders. I emailed them again yesterday to check why we did not receive any reminder and how we were supposed to know that they had not received the form - no reply whatsoever.
bridge

Post by bridge »

That's really terrible to hear. We did know of a family that missed the deadline for submitting the initial application form (was a few years ago) but still managed to persuade the school to let them sit the test. Unfortunately, I don't know how they managed that. Bit different to your situation, however I'm sure some gentle persuasion might work.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now